“Belgium waffles are great!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 146 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Dessert
Ashland, Oregon
“Belgium waffles are great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We visited here quite a few times, the kiss loved the waffles. The gelato ice-cream was very tasty. Even when busy, the line moves fast. In general, very friendly.

“Good, but sweetness overload”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We went there a couple of nights ago to try this place out. Kids shared their mint chocolate chip ice cream. My husband had the Affogato that he enjoyed, but was up most of the night from the caffeine. I had mixed feels about the Belgian waffle. I had vanilla ice cream with her homemade warm berry mix. Kids wanted to watch how they made a waffle, so we did. They put the batter in and they sprinkled some pieces of their "secret ingredient" (one of my kids guessed it was sugar - she's 5). They were chocolate chip in size (the rectangular ones you get in ice cream). So as I start my waffle it tastes so good, a perfect mix of the plain waffle with the sweetness of the ice cream/whipped cream/Berry mix. Then a few more bites in, I get the subtle crunch (like when you put sugar cubes in your mouth). Then the sugar overload! My, was it ever sweet, but not in the I'm enjoying it way. Now I'm a HUGE fan of waffles and desserts in general and almost always finish all of it. I could only get through half and couldn't eat anymore! I think the sweetness from the "special ingredient" and the ice cream/Berry mix didn't help. If I went back I'd either hold back on the sauce or tell them to hold their "secret ingredient." Good place, nice service but I don't need to go into a diabetic comma!

Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic gelato and waffles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We just ate there and waffles were some of the best my husband has ever had! I had to have the gelato! They have non dairy as well and it's amazing. Owner makes gelato all herself! Definitely worth eating here again!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BC
“wish we'd found this on day one instead of our last day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

we tasted 6 flavours of ice cream and gelato between the three of us in our generous two-scoop cones, and all were wonderful. super-citrus-y lemon, a coconut melange, peanut butter cup, etc - wonderful taste and texture. bonus - there are nice tables out front, where we sat to enjoy our treats. i wish we'd found this shop (a short walk from our condo!) on our first day instead of our last day.

we had a couple of their soft pretzels and they were warm and perfect. we tried a "mochi" too, that wasn't a hit with our family. i sure wish we'd had time to go for the waffle breakfast! staff were friendly and efficient. you should go!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DeWitt, Michigan
“Great Gelato, and Wonderful Waffles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Visited Maui Gelato several times during our stay either for a Gelato treat in the evening, or wonderful waffles in the morning with fresh fruit, whipping cream, and coconut syrup as a choice over maple syrup. You must try it...it's light and delicious. Shannon, who we think was the owner, was there everytime we visited, and was as friendly as the food was good. A definite place to try.

Visited March 2014