We (2 kids, 2 30-somethings, and 2 50-somethings) stayed in a two bedroom condo over the July 4th week. We actually stayed in two different units--unit 207 for 3 nights, and unit 307 for 4 nights. The hotel location, right on one of the best beaches in the world and close to rental shops, restaurants, etc, is amazing. The grounds are nice and the management and front office people are extremely nice and helpful. The pool is decent if a bit small (we're usually pretty down on people who hang out by the pool when the ocean is just a few steps away, but the kids did enjoy swimming in the relative calm of the pool from time to time.) The 4th of July hula performance on the lawn was a nice touch.
The big negative for us was the fact that only the master bedroom had AC in it (and it's configured to automatically turn off if the door to the room is opened or if no one is in the room.) With the air temperature outside in the high 80s during the day, we had to keep the windows open at night to cool the room down, and the roar of the ocean, and to lesser extent the road, made for less than ideal sleeping conditions. Neither my wife nor I slept very well, alternating between opening and closing the balcony doors throughout the night, and we're usually not very picky sleepers. Units with an AC in every room (one bedroom units?) would probably get 5 stars from me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui Condos on the Beach: No other south Maui condo offers vacation rentals that are right on the beach. Unlike other Maui vacation rentals in south Maui, our condo has direct access to the Kihei beach. Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort is Right on Kamaole Beach Park II in south Maui. Every condo rental unit is beachfront and has an ocean view. Only a few steps over the manicured lawn to the soft sandy beach and blue ocean. We combine all the comforts of home and the services of a hotel to make Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort the best "Home away from Home" in paradise. Individually decorated, each condominium offers a complete kitchen, free WiFi, free cable TV and free domestic telephone calls. Vacation paradise on Maui! Experience why guests return year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Pau Hana Hotel Kihei
- Hale Pau Hana Kihei
- Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort Maui/Kihei