The HPH could not have been a more perfect place to stay for our week long trip to Maui. Located just south of the busiest part of Kihei, the HPH is located right on Kamaole Beach #2. In fact, it's at the north end of Kam 2, and there is decent snorkeling right outside the complex at the point between Kam 1 and Kam 2. Nice to be able to just walk downstairs and be able to lie on the beach, do some swimming, or snorkeling, all within earshot of your room. We stayed on the 7th floor of the high rise, which had awesome views all around. If you are staying in the high rise, you may as well either try for the top floor (no one above you), or the first floor (you can walk right out onto the beach from your living room.)
Our unit was a 1 BR, 2 BA unit, which was nice when we each wanted to shower at the same time. Each unit is different, in different stages of update, some not at all, some completely renovated. Use their website to pick the one you want, and see photos. It's hard to review the specific unit we were in, since each one can be so different. Overall, it's a very nice complex. There is a lawn area right outside, above the beach, if you don't want to get sand in all your nooks and crannies. We didn't use the pool, but it's rather small. Why go swimming in a chlorinated pool when you have the ocean 200' away, anyway? The beach was very nice, with soft sand, and very mild waves. The winds can pick up in the afternoon, which is nice for cooling off the condo, but not as nice for lying on the beach (unless you like getting sandblasted.) The sun went down rather early, around 6:45 in late April, and the complex really quiets down around 8, which was nice. We went to bed early, partly to keep our body clocks on time as best we could, and because the island has so much to offer during the day, we'd get up really early to start the day.
I'd highly recommend staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui Condos on the Beach: No other south Maui condo offers vacation rentals that are right on the beach. Unlike other Maui vacation rentals in south Maui, our condo has direct access to the Kihei beach. Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort is Right on Kamaole Beach Park II in south Maui. Every condo rental unit is beachfront and has an ocean view. Only a few steps over the manicured lawn to the soft sandy beach and blue ocean. We combine all the comforts of home and the services of a hotel to make Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort the best "Home away from Home" in paradise. Individually decorated, each condominium offers a complete kitchen, free WiFi, free cable TV and free domestic telephone calls. Vacation paradise on Maui! Experience why guests return year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Pau Hana Hotel Kihei
- Hale Pau Hana Kihei
- Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort Maui/Kihei