“I want more!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 99 Activities in Kihei
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI Dive Resort,established in 1970; small groups offer personalized service with aloha ( "We know where the critters are!"); Daily Introductory Dives (Intro dives count toward certification); guided reef dives; PADI certifications; underwater scooter dives on the the "hands free" Apollo AV2 Scooters; Night dives and boat dives too. We are at a beachfront location on the border of Wailea and Kihei. The waters here are calmer and clear; the inside reef is excellent for beginners and the outer reef makes for epic scooter diving! We are also mobile and can dive up to six different sites including Keawakapu Reef, Turtle Town, Five Graves, Wreck of the St. Anthony, Maluaka Reef, The Landing Craft and The Tank! Owned and operated by Diana & Steve Madaras from Catalina Scuba Luv. Check website for weekly "Critter of the week report".
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“I want more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Had a fab dive with Steve and Diana off Makena in Maui. I've dived in Egypt, Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia; this was definitely one of my best dives. Great viz, awesome experience with the scooters and good sightings (although seeing a dolphin and/or manta would have been icing on the cake). Steve and Diana were really great: professional yet relaxed, accommodating and fun. Safety is a big concern for me and I felt totally confident in their preparations and guidance. The video (at no extra charge) on Facebook was really a classy and nice touch. Overall, while the dive was pricey, it was worth it! I was left wanting more!

Visited August 2011

Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Friendly staff, fun Scooter dive - A real blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

What a great dive! Diana and Steve were great. I accidentally left my PADI card at home but no problem. Diana was able to do a quick look up on her iPhone. After that we suited up and proceeded to the beach to learn to use the Apollo Scooter. It was the first time I tried using a scooter that you essentially straddle. Whoa what fun! Basically you feel like you are flying over the reef. The visibility was good so we headed out to a "wreck" (basically sunken Landing craft) about half mile from the beach. Easy dive and the scooter made it really fun.

Visited August 2011
Palo Alto, California
“Fantastic experience on my first open water SCUBA dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

In a world sorely lacking the personal touch and customer service, Diane and Steve set themselves apart. As a husband and wife team, they make the perfect complement for a great experience. Diane coordinated the dive, picked me up in the parking lot in her golf cart and Steve did a great job teaching me the fundamentals of diving. Steve's patience, encouragement and enthusiasm made for a great experience.

I will definitely dive again with Scuba Luv and I'd suggest your giving them a call. I think you will be glad you did.

Newport Beach, California
“Exciting, happy & fun dive.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I wanted to do something different for a dive and saw a brochure for these scooter dives. Sounded cool. But it got even better when I arrived.

Perhaps best, the team at Scuba Luv Maui were really friendly and enjoyed going out on the dive as much as I did. I've done plenty of dives, and often you feel like you're just the meat the tour group is pushing around. Not this time.

The scooters were pretty easy to handle once you got used to them, and we saw turtles plus some underwater wrecks.

Phoenix, AZ
“Scuba Luv is Top Notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Steve, Diana and Pat with Scuba Luv Maui are all you will ever need for an intro dive or to get scuba certified in Maui. They know their stuff and treated me like I was a part of their scuba family. They were all very patient with me as a newbie scuba diver and gave me the extra special treatment I needed with my "mask issues." :) The diving was phenomenal off Makena Beach! The pictures that Pat took of me diving with the sea turtles and beautiful tropical fish are so amazing and are pictures I will cherish forever. I will also cherish the beautiful memories I experienced getting to know Steve, Diana and Pat. I love you guys and miss you already!