“Private Tours with HPS are great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 83 activities in Kihei
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Private Kayak and Outrigger Canoe Snorkel Tours. Surf Lessons, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Hawaiian Paddle Sports offers a private alternative for Ocean Activities on Maui! If going out on crowded, diesel burring boat isn't your idea for ocean activities and you'd rather avoid going out with one of Large Kayak Companies or Surf Schools perhaps we are what you are looking for! We focus on attention to detail and the over all guest experience. Guide operated, Hawaiian Paddle Sports sets the bar for ocean activities on Maui. Whale Watching and Sea Turtle Snorkel Tours on Hawaiian Outrigger Canoes, Ocean Kayaks. We also offer "Guaranteed To Surf" Surfing Lessons or Stand Up Paddle Boards. All of our tours/lessons are Private.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chicago, Illinois
“Private Tours with HPS are great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I booked a private kayak tour through HPS while in Maui recently. My guide, Josh W, was knowledgeable and personable. (Also very interesting -- he also guides kayak tours in Alaska, for example.) When I saw my own private kayak waiting for me on Makena Landing, I took a couple of deep breaths -- how was I going to maneuver this thing on my own? And could I possibly have the flexibility to don snorkel gear and get in and out of the kayak in the middle of the Pacific Ocean? No problem! -- Josh's calmness engendered a similar calmness in me as he led me through each step.

We didn't have any luck with whales the day we went out, but the snorkeling was great -- ended up swimming next to a giant sea turtle, for example. The feeling of being all alone in the middle of the ocean was wonderful. And doing a private tour meant that *I* set the agenda.

Josh had 2 cameras with him and got exciting pictures of what we saw and of me in the kayak, me snorkeling, and me swimming with the turtle.

I have nothing to add to the very thorough and complete guidelines the company sent me about what to bring. Great experience; great guide; great company. Use them!

Bay Area, CA
“Great time on the SUP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was a welcome surprise...I booked a SUP lesson through my hotel and didn't realize it was private. I know my hotel only books small group tours, but I was expecting at least a couple more people. Nope, just me! I've done the large group thing in the past, and with those types of tours, the ones struggling the most seem to get all of the attention. Is that fair? I don't think so! Here I got personalized attention from my guide Josh W the entire time. He has a very calm, relaxing presence and the time with him felt like being with an old friend. He went at my pace and knew when I was ready to try something more advanced. Because I was relaxed, I was able to pick up the technique pretty fast and just enjoy the scenery. I didn't worry too much about falling in the water, although it was kind of nice to fall in a couple times to cool off from the hot day :) The lesson gave me the confidence to try SUP on my own a couple days later. I had tons of fun and would tour with Josh and HPS again.

Kihei, Hawaii
“wow weeee WHALES!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Such an amazing tour! We saw plenty of whales UP CLOSE it was amazing. Learned some cool facts about the Hawaiian Islands, Hump Back whales, and Hawaiian culture. I would suggest this tour as a MUST for your Maui vacation.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Molokini challenge!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

HPS....great tour...my girlfriend, her brother and I went out the morning of Dec 15th...we had the best guide...Brandon.. old Virginia boy....it was a surprisingly calm day on the water, got to see sunrise over Haleakala.... wow....after a nice 3 1/2 mile kayak to molokini and some great conversation... we stopped on inside of the crater... snorkeled ( bring prescription snorkel mask if u need them...as they don't have those) for about 15-20 min.....then paddled around the other side of the island...the last mile and half was tough...we did see a few humpbacks on our way back....Awesome!!! It was about an 7-8 mile round trip...+ or -....but worth it. Get ready for a great workout....and don't be a "Sally"... its not for the lighthearted.. thanks Brandon!!!

Columbus, Ohio
“Yes, we saw whales!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Curtis was an amazing guide. My brother and I took the Kayak/Snorkel tour in Maui with Curtis last week and the entire trip was fantastic. Curtis was a great guy to hang out with, knowledgeable and fun. He was the first to spot the whales and we had 3 separate whale spottings. After kayaking out on the ocean and seeing the whales, we then went to snorkel and see the turtles. Curtis went above and beyond as my motion sickness was getting the best of me. So we paddled in, dropped me off on shore and he and my brother went out and continued with the trip. Curtis was very concerned about safety for not only us but the reef and the ocean life. He takes it upon himself to learn more and had several books on hand to peruse.

If you are on Maui, this is a must do tour!