“Fantastic Kayaking and snorkelling with the turtles” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 99 Activities in Kihei
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Kayak and Outrigger Canoe Snorkel Tours. Surf Lessons, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Hawaiian Paddle Sports offers a private alternative for Ocean Activities on Maui! If going out on crowded, diesel burring boat isn't your idea for ocean activities and you'd rather avoid going out with one of Large Kayak Companies or Surf Schools perhaps we are what you are looking for! We focus on attention to detail and the over all guest experience. Guide operated, Hawaiian Paddle Sports sets the bar for ocean activities on Maui. Whale Watching and Sea Turtle Snorkel Tours on Hawaiian Outrigger Canoes, Ocean Kayaks. We also offer "Guaranteed To Surf" Surfing Lessons or Stand Up Paddle Boards. All of our tours/lessons are Private.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic Kayaking and snorkelling with the turtles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife received a kayak/ snorkelling trip as a 60th Birthday gift from our kids.
What a fantastic experience it was with Patrick.
Previously, our snorkelling on Maui has been with large groups where we felt rushed and saw limited marine life.
This experience was so much different in that Patrick personalized our trip, stressing that it was our adventure.
Having a knowledgeable,private guide in a less congested area enabled us to get the most out of our kayaking and snorkelling .
His knowledge about Maui's natural environment was soi nformative.
We thoroughly enjoyed the kayaking but the snorkelling was incredible from viewing a monk seal to seeing may types of fish and numerous turtles. At one point, there were 8 turtles in the immediate area.
We feel HPS is really the best way to go.
Thank you Patrick for making this experience so memorable.
We plan to return next year.

Gord and Lois C
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Kahului, Hawaii, United States
“Beautiful Molokini paddle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is the second time I paddled around Molokini with HPS- it is such a great experience! Not only do you have the opportunity to see all the cool sea creatures that live around Molokini, but also on your way there. Tim and Ariana are great guides and very knowledgeable about the ocean and Maui and Hawaiian culture. My favorite part is the paddle around Molokini and how incredibly blue the water is on the back side. Just amazing! Also feels great to arrive at Molokini partly by your own power! I love it that Tim and Ariana took so many cool pictures and sent them to us after the trip. Way to relive a great memory! Thanks HPS!

Brookville, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
“Amazing trip with Patrick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Two weeks ago, we took an amazing trip with Patrick at Hawaiian Paddle Sports. After he spotted a whale, we kayaked out to where we thought he was and sure enough, we could hear them singing and they swam right under us! Patrick was very knowledgeable and took pity on me when I was getting overheated. He didn't make me feel bad when I got sick ("wasn't the first and won't be the last"). Follow the directions they provide you ahead of time and wear a hat :)
I would definitely recommend them and so glad we took a private tour as opposed to a group....our 3 hours were ours and that made the trip so much nicer.

Edmonton, Canada
“Amazing Kayak trip with Chris at HPS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We just got back from an amazing week long trip to Maui and the highlight of our trip had to be our private Kayak/snorkel trip with our guide Chris. We were fortunate enough to listen to a whale sing (and swim right under our kayaks WOW!!!). We learned so much about Maui and the surrounding islands and had an amazing paddle. While snorkeling at the turtle cleaning station we were overwhelmed by the number of turtles and not the number of other people. Even more exciting was our pictures that Chris sent afterwards. He actually was able to capture an image of the whale that swam under us. (No need to be scared, he was quite deep underneath us, but still a magical experience). I would recommend Hawaii Paddle Sports 100%. Next time we go back we'll be taking stand-up paddle board lesson from them for sure.

Kihei, Hawaii
“Things Never Seen Before...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I live on Maui, but went out on my second canoe paddling trip to Molokini with HPS. Tim began the morning with teaching us about the culture. He even opened the day with an oli, which provided us safety on our adventure.

Paddling to Molokini was not only therapeutic, but extremely informing. I learned so much about Haleakala, the channel, and Molokini from this 3 hour paddle/snorkel. Good thing Ariana was with us, because we needed her strength to get us to our destination! She did a great job of keeping us hydrated, fed, happy, and safe. Way to go! ;)

I have been to Molokini numerous times, but have never been guided to The Drop Off (as I like to call it). It was perhaps the most beautiful site I have ever seen underwater yet. My favorite part was that Ariana swam with me and the other guests as we checked out the colorful coral, sea cucumbers, big and small fish. She also had a GoPro camera and took some of the coolest underwater pictures EVER. After the tour is over they even email the pics to you...love! If that is not enough reason to go to HPS, then the fact that Tim and Ariana are very beautiful and fun people should get you off the couch! :)

If you want to see knew things and have the time of your life, call Hawaiian Paddle Sports.

-Lisa