“Kihei is the Man!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 83 activities in Kihei
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: MWR is a family owned and operated business dedicated to providing surfing lessons to each student with a fun, safe and unforgettable surf experience. We adapt our style of teaching to the ability of each student. We will go that extra mile to make your surf experience the most memorable highlight of your vacation!
new york
3 attraction reviews
“Kihei is the Man!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Kihei our surf instructor was awesome. My son and I really enjoyed learning from him. A ton of fun. This is an easy and cool way to learn how to surf.

Arizona
15 attraction reviews
“Very cool experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and my son had semi-private lessons with Kekoa. He was great! Both of them were surfing in no time me my son even learned some fancy footwork! Would definitely recommend them- thanks Kekoa!

Wailea
“Surfing Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I wanted to try surfing. I'm not a great swimmer and was nervous. I did my surf lesson with Maui Wave Riders on July 13. Al, our group instructor was great. He was patient and relaxed. It was a small group--just five of us--and I felt like i received the attention needed and was very comfortable in the water. It was great fun. And, after you're done with the lesson, you can rent the equipment for the rest of the day at no additional cost. This makes it a great value too. I would highly recommend MWR. I would definitely do it again.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Something to experience...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Surfing is something my son and I enjoyed experiencing during our stay in Maui. From the first lesson to walking the board off the beach, Kilkea "handsome" and crew made us feel like part of the family the at MWR. We had a great time and we both were standing as instructed. Now all we need is a beach with surf and board to do it at home. Hopefully, we will be doing this again very soon. Mahalo!

white hall
11 attraction reviews
“Surf lesson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Maybe not the best value but lots of fun. It was crowded at the beach we were using but it's not like we were experts. We had fun and the instructor tried his best with us. A surf lesson is a must for Maui