“One of the best days of our trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 99 Activities in Kihei
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Locally owned, Maui Beach Boy's is a fully licensed and insured operated Maui Surf school Based in Kihei Hi. We also offer surfing tours.Also serving the Lahaina area.
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“One of the best days of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My new husband was super excited about taking a surfing lesson on our honeymoon. I have to admit I was apprehensive but our instructor James made it a great experience! He made it easy to relax and enjoy and we were pretty easily able to get up on our boards. Our only disappointment was that we didn't try it sooner on our trip! We would have loved to have another day out on the water.

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Nice review..thankyou so much..We tell people to do the surfing early in the trip so they can get more water time Mahalo

Winfield, KS
“Great lessons with a patient instructor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Maui Beach Boys were a class act. James was our instructor and had amazing patience even after our green mistakes sent our boards upside his head! We both got up our first try! Pictures are available for a very reasonable price. Thanks so much for your hospitality! Aloha from Kansas!

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Mahalo and no worries James is a hard head...Mahalo
Denver, Colorado
“Eli was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with surf lessons for the two of us. We did a private 2 hr lesson with Eli and I was up surfing on my 1st wave! My boyfriend, a first time surfer, was up on his second wave! After 30 minutes we were surfing the same wave at the same time : ) What a photo opportunity! There was also a photographer taking pictures which were available for purchase after our lesson. We purchased the CD, totally worth the $35. It happened to be my birthday and the surf instructors surprised me with birthday cupcakes after our lesson. What a birthday and great surfing experience. Our instructor Eli was personable and relaxed, yet professional. He made the instruction simple and easy to understand. He offered helpful suggestions while in the water with us. He got us informed and out catching waves within minutes! Thank you Eli!!!

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Aloha, We are glad we spent your b-day with you..Happy that you had fun..JB
Chilliwack, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Sascha was awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Sascha had my husband and step daughter surfing so fast it was amazing. They had a great time and we went back the next day to rent a board and try on our own. They used what Sascha had taught them and almost had me up on the board. It was a blast. The whole crew out on the first day were great and the photo cd we bought from Bruce had some really great shots. Best beach days on the whole vacation.

Visited April 2013
JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Aloha and Mahalo for your review....Glad it was the best time of your vacation..
Kennewick, wa
10 attraction reviews
“Best of the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I would like to thank Carlos and the rest of Maui Beach Boys for doing such a great job! This has been on my "bucket list" and for my birthday, my wife got me these surfing lessons. Absolutely the Best! We loved it. Carlos was very good at telling us exactly what we needed to do and what we needed to work on. Great time and would highly recommend Maui Beach Boys to anyone wanting to check off the subject of learning to surf, off their list. Thanks again Carlos, Will and Shawna

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Aloha and happy we could help you with your bucket list..Mahalo