“Excellent surfing experience for young boys” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Locally owned, Maui Beach Boy's is a fully licensed and insured operated Maui Surf school Based in Kihei Hi. We also offer surfing tours.Also serving the Lahaina area.
Colorado Springs
“Excellent surfing experience for young boys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were in Maui and our boys (9 and 11) wanted to try surfing so we promised them surfing lessons for a Christmas present. We did a lot of research and found the comments about Maui Beach Boys promising. What really sealed the deal for me was that JB (owner) took the time to speak with me about the lessons and what we were looking for for our sons. He also stressed that he would guarantee satisfaction. WE met our surf instructor Carlos and he was professional, kind and thoughtful to our kids, the activity support person Sarah was friendly and provided great information to us and JB took the time after the lessons to speak to us again to make sure the experience went well. Our kids had a great time - they were surfing very quickly!! It was wonderful to watch. The only suggestion I would have would be to have a discounted rate for additional lessons as we would have booked again however it was too expensive to do the full semi-private lessons again. GREAT experience.

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Aloha remind me next time and I will ajust that price for you ...Mahalo for your review...JB

“You have to do this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was our first time in Maui and our first time stand-up paddling. Our instructor was Dylan and he was AWESOME. He couldn't have been nicer or more patient. He was very thorough with his instruction and very encouraging. He made the lesson so much fun and enjoyable! We went out and saw some sea turtles that came up just a couple feet from where we were paddling! Dylan was very personable and funny. At the end of our lesson he gave us a quick surfing lesson and let us ride in on a few waves. It was very very fun! It was a great lesson and very worth your time. I would highly recommend trying stand-up paddling or surfing with this company and request Dylan!

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Mahalo for the review ..Dylan is one of our top instructors...See you in the water next time..aloha JB
Kennewick, Washington, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Best surfing experience ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My first time surfing was 20 years ago with my cousins trying to teach me. That didn't go well. I was skeptical when my friends wanted to take a surf lesson but I went along just so I could laugh at them. Our instructor Carlos was so great and encouraging. He got all of us up on the first try and then had me and friend surfing on the same board together...that was a blast :) There were a few funny wipeouts but nobody was hurt and we all had a very memorable experience. Bruce Greenwood is a surf photographer and took photos of all us. They turned out so great we bought the CD's and of course posted all the pictures on facebook to show off to our friends.

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
So glad that was so good for you ..thanks for the review...JB
Toronto
22 attraction reviews
“I did it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I actually did it! I surfed in Maui Hawaii. Thanks to Maui Beach Boys and the fantastic instructors. I do not have an athletic bone in my body... and I was very chicken to try this out, but I actually got up on the board and surfed on my second run!! I absolute highly recommend this company. They are so fun and patient... I am hooked and I want to surf again.

Visited May 2012
JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Mahalo for your review...You sure did surf..I heard you did a great job...aloha JB
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Dylan is the BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I took my first surfing lesson ever with Maui Beach Boys. Dylan - whose name means "son of the sea" - was patient and supportive. He coached me through the good and the bad. By the end, I was actually standing on the board! This was the very best way to learn how to surf! When I come back and have more time, I will be taking lessons from Dylan! He teaches you to feel the waves and the calm of the ocean.

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
thankyou so much for your review.................We love having you....................Mahalo JB