“Sunset dinner just awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 137 Restaurants in Kihei
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: American Style bistro serving refined comfort food for dinner, prices under $22. You are welcome to bring your own beer or wine with $5/table corkage fee. Open air dinning, ocean view, and natural air conditioning. Now open for Breakfast, 7am to noon. Featuring veggie browns, banana bread french toast and award winning omelets.
Vancouver, Canada
“Sunset dinner just awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Covered but open air restaurant. We had the sunset special dinner set. Hubby had the veggie bisque (?) and pork chops. Best soup he has ever tasted, he gave it a 10 (I have yet to get a mark higher than 8.5 from him in all of my two years of cooking)! I had some kind of salad and braised ribs. Braised ribs were quite tasty.

Take part of the sunset and enjoy the dinner special! Small and full parking lot so plan on parking elsewhere.

Visited December 2012

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Excellent find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I wanted to find a nice place for our last dinner in Kihei. We had some family that I wanted to meet up with and I wanted somewhere that took a reservation, was still casual, and had a decent BYOB service. 808 Bistro really fit everything! First of all, BYOB is very popular in Kihei. BUT, few places had wine glasses and wine buckets and a place that you really want a nice meal with your nice wine. This Bistro is just great! The menu ROCKS! They have actual wine glasses and wine buckets... and the kicker... NO corkage fee! I will forever be telling people to go there! The service was great and the food was excellent. Around the table we had most things... the braised ribs (a favorite) a braised short rib pot pie (amazing!) fish was excellent and their 808 salad was the best one I had on Maui. I can't wait to come back!

Visited December 2012
Prospect, Connecticut
“Great food without breaking the bank”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Ate there twice, great food, great portions.. Met the owner both times as he was walking around checking on things both nights we were there, very nice guy

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prospect, Connecticut
“Amazing value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The food here was great. I had the pene pasta in a blue cheese Alfredo and it was delicious. I had some of my husbands short rib as well and it was equally yummy! We were a paty of 6 and each had 3 courses- the bill was only $200. I can't think of anywhere I can go for 3 great courses for under $35 per person including tax and tip. We will definitely go back next time we are on the island.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary, Canada
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We loved having this little bistro very close to our accomadations in Kehei, also pleasantly surprised to have gluten free sandwiches on the menu. Good food and reasonable.

• Visited January 2013