“Good food, awful odor” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Coconut's Fish Cafe, located in the center of Kihei. Coconut's Fish Cafe serves up Maui's finest food with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At Coconut's Fish Cafe, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use microwaves and everything is cooked to order. We serve only the choicest cuts of seafood. Whether you choose to dine at our one-of-a-kind surfboard tables or take-out, our authentic menu and atmosphere make us a must-stop dining experience.
“Good food, awful odor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family and I went here and the fish tacos were delicious! Although when we first walked in there was a really bad fiah odor, I would have left if my family would have let me but I'm glad we stayed, like I said the fish tacos were good. The staff was very friendly and talked us into getting the fish tacos. Overall it was good, just get rid of the gosh smell and you get 5 stars!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
  • Polish first
maui
“BEST fish tacos ANYWHERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Seriously, the absolute BEST fish Tacos on the planet. Owner Mike is a hands on friendly owner operator that knows how to run a successful business. Amazing food, fairly priced, beautiful, clean and efficient little cafe. You cant go wrong with this place, seriously. GREAT fries too! Hey Mike, have you considered sweet potato fries? Just sayin!

• Visited January 2013
Union, Oregon
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Guess I should have had fish tacos. I ordered fish and chips. They were just okay. They were dry and didn't have a good batter. A friend had fish tacos and said they were wonderful. I would give this restaurant another try, and have the fish tacos. I wouldn't ever order fish and chips here again. We sat outside and the service was good.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hilton Head Islan
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Best Fish Tacos I have ever eaten. Small restaurant that has inside and outside dining. They even have a Zagart's rating! Great Staff and very clean restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

The fish tacos were amazing and so was the chowder. Very friendly employees with lots of pointers on what to order . Would go again

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere