“SHAKA!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 99 Activities in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Dive Shop - Scuba Diving ExcursionsWe offer small group, SCUBA diving trips to at least two different destinations every day of the week. Maka Koa is our Pro 48' Dive Boat that takes up to 24 divers out of Maalaea Harbor. It's our V-Hull, twin-engine, jet driven vessel providing comfortable seating and amenities for a quick, safe, convenient ride to each dive location. We also provide free transportation from both sides of the island.The boat is equipped with a marine head (bathroom), fresh water shower, padded seating, Full Breakfast and Lunch as well as refreshments, and all necessary safety equipment. Knowledgeable crewmembers will provide onboard briefing to familiarize you with the boat, our equipment, and the spectacular marine life. We also offer digital Video services onboard.NOTE: We do offer Introductory Dives for anyone interested in trying SCUBA diving.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“SHAKA!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Maui Dive Shop Staff is Amazing!
My husband, brother-in-law and I went on dive in March and we are all experienced advance divers. We had them BEST dive of our lives. It was hands down Shaka A big thank you to the team & Alyssa Dyke!
I really hope to see you all in a future dive.

Visited March 2014
Mayoos S,

Mahalo for taking the time to write us such a stellar review! We're so glad to hear that you all had an amazing time diving with Alyssa and that the dives were the best you've ever done. That really says it all! Hopefully we'll see you all back underwater with us again soon!

Stevenson Ranch, California
22 attraction reviews
“Equipment problem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

We used the shop in Kahana to rent tanks and weights because we had our own equipment. The staff was great and had a lot of good info about beach dive sites. Unfortunately after getting to our dive site super early, we hooked up one of the regulators and the bottle had a leak...dive cancelled. :(
I recommend bringing in your regulators to test the bottles before you take them.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Amazing dive experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Great shop! Very professional staff and dive masters. They made the experience enjoyable, fun and safe. Special thanks to John, without whom I would not have had this experience. This was my first diving trip after getting certified. I was very nervous since I had only dived in fresh water. Right after jumping in the water, I was so nervous that I'd convinced myself I didn't want to dive after all. John swam up to me, calmed me down and encouraged me to give it a try, noting that I could come back up at any time if I was overwhelmed. So glad he did this because my first two ocean dives were amazing! We saw a shark, turtles and countless fish. On our second dive, we saw a pod of over 50 dolphins! We came back two days later and dove with them again. Such a great experience! I will be diving with Maui Dive Shop again.

Mayella G,

Mahalo for taking the time to write us such a fantastic review! We're so glad to hear that your dive experience with us was truly amazing as well as confidence boosting. Those first few dives out of certification can be intimidating for anyone, but we're glad to hear that you persevered (with John's assistance) and had a great experience. Hopefully we'll see you back underwater again soon!

Red Deer, Canada
20 attraction reviews
“Great Crew”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We booked the Maui Dive Shop to go on the Manta dive. Needless to say, it was very windy and not safe to do the dive with the Manta's. We understand that is a chance you take with weather, they cannot guarantee their dives, we don't have a problem with that. The two dives we ended up doing with them there was nothing to really see but sand, sand and more sand. We did see a turtle, but we see them just about everywhere now. Other than that, not much fish, reef, or much of anything where they took us. We had seen more sea life snorkeling the day before on our own.

The crew was excellent! We thoroughly enjoyed them, always making us laugh. No complaints about them at all! We will book the manta dive with them again the next time we are there and just hope that if it isn't safe to dive with the manta's again, they will take us to a different spot than they did this time.

OADiver,

Mahalo for taking the time to write us such a grand review! We're so glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our crew, we certainly take pride in our excellent dive staff. The weather definitely dictates our dive site choices for the day and we're sorry to hear that the manta dive just wasn't a safe bet. Generally that means that there is a big south swell in town that tears up the vast majority of all south facing shores/dive sites, stirring up the bottom and making visibility less than our usual ideal. Definitely do come out with us again and hopefully at that point we'll be back to our normal, calmer weather!

Bass Lake, California
“Great Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We had a great time on this trip! From our group we only had 2 divers and the rest of us wanted to snorkel and it was so wonderful they were able to accommodate us! The dive masters were extremely knowledgeable about what we were seeing and helpful pointing out fun and interesting things to see. Mike was the best snorkel guide ever! With him we were able to see almost as much as the divers. Thanks for the great trip guys!

McKenzie C,

Mahalo for taking the time to write us such a stellar review! We're glad to hear that all the people in your group (both divers and snorkelers alike) had a great time. Hopefully we'll see you back underwater and on top of the water again soon!