“A private snorkel experience vs. snorkeling with the masses” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 99 Activities in Kihei
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Suzzy Robinson "The Snorkel Whisperer" brings over 30 years experience of scuba diving and snorkeling off Maui waters to each and every snorkel tour. These days it's all about numbers/business/bottom line. Not with Suzzy - Suzzy has held true to her baseline of quality not quantity which is almost extinct. Snorkeling off the shoreline in a small group of 2-7 persons allows you the VERY BEST Maui waters have to offer. It is a discovery snorkel tour for all ages and sill levels. Shallow water sites No experience necessary Patient Instruction Small Groups Top of the line snorkel equipment provided All ages With this unique tour you won't be exposing yourself to large boats with herds of people, rough seas, contained snorkel area, deep waters, and limited reef and fishes to see. Suzzy's passion for life, ocean and Maui are what you can expect. You too will walk away from your snorkel tour with a thrilling Peak Life Experience that will last forever.
Yakima, Washington
“A private snorkel experience vs. snorkeling with the masses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

On our last trip to Maui we sailed to Molokini and snorkeled with amongst the many other boats and folks. But this trip we came as a family with kids, wanting something different. We wanted them to learn snorkeling from an expert; how to fit gear, how to be safe, how to explore the magic of what lies beneath. We were under the good care and tutelage of Jeffrey, a passionate teacher and master of the sport.

Jeffrey guided our family on our own private tour. After getting us prepped and geared up we entered the water and started a trip like no other. All along the way Jeffrey narrated the experience, making sure we didn't miss a thing, a great variety of fish and sealife. And then, there were the turtles; two, then three, then four. Then here comes four eagle rays at the same. It was sensory overload, all happening at the same time, and this was only midway through our trip. We saw many more turtles, too many fish to mention, practiced a little free diving, and spent a lot of quality time learning all that Jeffrey could share in one trip.

After we exited the water, Jeffrey put out a spread of snacks and waters. There we were in Maui, hanging out with our new friend on the beach, shooting the breeze, and still in awe of the best snorkel trip of our lives.

Visited November 2013

San Ramon, California
“Jeff Rocks! Best Snorkel Tour Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We went out with Jeff. First of all Jeff is really passionate about the sea. He took us in from the beach versus a boat which made everyone in the family more comfortable. He gave a 40 minute ocean talk before we got in the water. At first I thought it was too long, but so glad we let him finish, it made all the difference knowing what we were looking at. Jeff is very knowledgable. All of us had different levels of comfort in the water, Jeff made us feel completely safe, he took us our farther than I would EVER have ventured on our own. We were looking back towards the beach at the Catamaran based snorkel tours. We were able to go out so far that we were all alone when the pod of turtles came to visit Jeff. On the way back when my legs started to cramp from kicking Jeff towed me all the way back in safe and sound and I'm a big guy! He even fed us snacks when we got back. No matter what you do, go see Jeff and Suzy!

Visited August 2013
Ventura, California
“Maui Snorkel Tours - Suzzy is the Greatest!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have never been able to stop talking about Suzzy and the amazing tour she took us on this Summer. I had surgery right after the trip and was in the hospital for a month and I am still recovering. So it's that me a while to post on how wonderful this trip was. I was not in the greatest health when she took us on a priviate tour with just my husband and myself, but she had everything setup prefectly for the two of us. I just hung on and enjoyed it right through the most beautiful reefs and sea animals. It was like living in a movie. Words just can't express the beauty and wonder that we saw.
Suzzy is extremely knowledgeable and tryed to teach us so much. My head was spinning with all of the names of fish and plants and occeanic lifeforms.
It is a treasured memory that will last a lifetime. I would save evey penny I could to return again next year and bring some of my children and grandchildren to experince with them the beauties and wonders Suzzy's displays!! Such a wonderful, completely enchanting trip. Then to top it off special drinks and handmade treats at the end to refresh yourself and renew your strenght. She thinks of everything. Please consider making your next trip with Suzzy you cant go wrong and will be trilled with the results I promise. A very pleased and returning customer; John and Charlotte Henshaw.

Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
“Great Snorkeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was our first time to maui and we wanted to do some snorkeling. I cannot swim and my girlfriend isn't comfortable in deeper waters. They called us the day before to set up a meeting spot. Ed was our guide and was super accommodating. They got us fitted with wetsuits, flippers, vests, snorkels and masks. Once you get out to the spot they go over some of the marine life you may come across along with some history of the islands so you can appreciate the experience you are about to have. Once in the water, Ed got us started slowly by making sure we were comfortable in the water and that we knew how breath properly with our snorkel gear on. Then he took us out further and we got to experience coral reefs, various types if fish, sea urchins, turtles, sting ray's and so much more. Ed had a boogie board with him and anytime I'd feel uncomfortable in the deeper waters I could just grab onto it. (Ed and I were the best of buddies). I basically just floated along the entire time and didn't have to do much swimming. After you're done snorkeling they provide you with water and snacks. Nice calm snorkeling spot. A decent number of people out there as well. We had a great snorkeling experience that we will never forget. Thanks to Ed and maui snorkel tours. Great people and super friendly. Highly recommended for your first time out.

Visited October 2013
“Never say Never”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

So a middle age couple terrified of water had the most amazing experience cause of Jeff who totally understood our fears and made us feel completely safe and wanted to go again
Can't say enough about this experience
TKs