“2 Tank SCOOTER Dive -- wheeeeee!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maui Dreams Dive Co.

Maui Dreams Dive Co.
1993 South Kihei Rd. #22, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753
808.874.5332 - phone/fax
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 99 Activities in Kihei
Type: Water sports, Adventure
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
“2 Tank SCOOTER Dive -- wheeeeee!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were in Maui the week before Christmas and did 2 dives. The first was with Scuba Shack and the second was a 2 tank scooter dive with Maui Dreams. This was by far the best experience ever and I mean ever!! After getting re-acclimated to diving again (2 tanks w/Scuba Shack), we went on a 2 tank Scooter Dive with Jay! This was our first experience using a scooter and now we're spoiled. Who wants to kick? I now have spoiled my two daughters (recently certified) as they now only want to scooter...LOL. After getting instructions, we went to our first site which was the Z-blocks site. This site is not frequented by divers as it's too far. Our second dive was to St. Anthony's Wreck. Saw the Goodyear Dump, eels and got up close to a large turtle who was hanging out on the wreck. Wished we had a camera! We rented a camera from Maui Dive Shop for our first dive, but didn't think we could take pics holding on to the scooter. Should have brought it, as we did not have to hold the scooter. Used the Superman technique which was very cool! Would recommend this to all scuba divers! And Jay was a blast. A lot of fun and very attentive and professional as our dive master!

Visited December 2012

Seattle, WA
“Best dive shop ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I HEART Teri!!! I had a truly amazing experience going out on the boat and doing the intro dive. I snorkeled at molokini and if was amazing! Maui dreams arrive at the crater early before the crowd arrives, and we were done and leaving for our second site by the time the huge trilogy and other companies arrived. It was SO nice, and I am glad I didn't pass molokini up because other folks have told me it was "overrated"....with Maui dreams, they really made the trip easy and fun! Second site, I got to do a real intro dive and actually saw sea turtles, unbelievable!! This was along the wailea and kihei coast, and really fun to see the huge graceful turtles that were napping under rocks, and swimming so gracefully past us, wow! Totally unbelievable. Teri made it all possible for me by being flexible and accommodating, my husband was not felling well and couldn't join me, and I was on the boat alone....she made me feel at ease, and worked the schedule so that I had a chance to dive as well as snorkel. I am very grateful, and am looking forward to going back to Maui next year and get scuba certified with Teri!

Visited October 2012
tonasket
“Great dive vacation on Maui with Maui Dreams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband had won a free night dive from Maui Dreams at the Tacoma Dive and Travel Expo last spring. We went into Maui Dreams to book the dive and we were greeted by Curly -- a positive, fun and good humored dive instructor. We had two friends with us that also wanted to night dive. Curly told us about an "early morning night dive" he could do with us the next morning from Makena Landing--what a fun way to do a night dive--end in daylight. We had such a good time on that first dive that we decided to take two courses from Curly. We'd been working our way toward our Master Scuba Diver Certification and only had two more specialties to accomplish that goal. We decided Maui would be a great place to do this. We completed the AWARE Shark Conservation and the Diver Propulsion Vehicle - AKA scooters. These were some of the most enjoyable times I've had diving. Thanks to Teri, Sarah, Jay, Jon, Charlie and of course a big thanks to Curly. We hope to be on Maui again soon. We 100% recommend diving with Maui Dreams. We've been diving on Maui for a few years now and have tried other dive companies ---Maui Dreams is the best dive operation on Maui.

Visited November 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
6 attraction reviews
“Good find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very nice staff. Only place you can rent a Bladefish Sea Scooter is a plus. They don't have a huge selection but it's quality.

Visited November 2012
Chilliwack, Canada
“A great company to dive with!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I recently got my PADI certification with MDDC through the referral program. The staff were all very friendly and knowledgeable. Had a great instructor (Jay S) that made getting certified a lot of fun. In addition to the 4 dives for certification, I booked an additional 2 shore dives with them. As a new diver, it was great to see great customer service (the valet of dive companies!!) and instructors that love what they do. I would highly recommend MDDC and I look forward to diving with them again in the future!

Visited October 2012