We found the Aston Maui Lu ten years ago while staying in the Aston chain on three islands. We could not wait to return regardless of the ratings here on Trip Advisor.
The Maui Lu is quite dated and needs major upgrading but it is one of the few places we found in Hawaii you can walk 30 to 40 feet and be on the beach and in the ocean! Love it!
Although when staying in the 400, 500 or 600 unit buildings on the ocean side, parking can be a problem and even if you have to park across the street, you will not be walking what seems to be miles as compared to other hotels in Hawaii, particularly in Kaanapali where we stayed the first time in Maui 20 years ago.
Listening to the ocean whenever we were in the room was amazing! We left the door open when we went to bed to have the ocean lull us to sleep!
The staff we encountered was always cheerful and pleasant.
We like the fact that it is out of the main area of town, away from the hustle & bustle and crowds.
Ten years ago, we had no complaints about the Maui Lu. Unfortunately, we cannot say that this time. We were not aware of the amenity fee of $15 a day covering items (daily newspaper, safe key, etc.) which used to be free and were hardly used . You pay whether you want it or not.
The gorillas who moved in on the second floor our second day were so annoying, waking us out of a sound sleep two mornings in a row before 7 a.m. and being loud after 10 p.m., had us complaining to the management. We were there six nights and we think they were there 5.
There are no food services on site but we didn’t go to Hawaii to stay in a resort. There is too much to see and do!
The laundry room with 3 washers and 3 dryers was disgustingly filthy, one washer was broken and getting there at night was difficult without a flash light with very little outside lighting. The wifi was always losing signal.
We wonder if we would stay here again until it is upgraded and improvements are made.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Maui's best beachfront value. Guests can stroll Maui's oldest coconut grove on the hotel's 28 lush acres. This property's rustic feel and secluded beach coves (not to mention a pool in the shape of Maui) add up to a charming experience and a great vacation value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Aston Maui Lu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Lu Hotel Kihei
- Maui Lu Resort
- Aston Kihei
- Aston Lu Maui
- Aston Maui Lu Resort Kihei