“No Issues! Great Deal.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Kihei
Ft Worth Texas
“No Issues! Great Deal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I read all the reviews on this site. I was a bit worried. It was the best value. When we arrived I was greeted by the front desk and the guy was great! Our room was older and a bit dated but CLEAN and NEAT! We were about 4 steps from the water. The private beach was calm and my kids were able to play and get in the water with no issues. This hotel was close to everything. When I go back this will be the hotel I book. The prices are excellent and the service was good. We had no issues. You can not beat the views anywhere!

Room Tip: Choose ocean view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

648 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a terrible, old, smelly motel type place. It is on a strip of beach about 3 yards long. We had to buy fabric spray to stand the smell. For over $100 a night this place needs to be fixed up or torn down. You have to check in across a busy, busy road and then cross it to get to your crappy little room. Left this for another place after only 1 night. SKIP IT!

Room Tip: Leave and find another place.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KiheiPauls, Manager at Aston Maui Lu Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
TripAdvisor is a powerful tool. It is useful for travelers and useful for the hotels. BUT, it is only useful if everyone plays by the same rules and if everyone only offers facts. Unfortunately, many of these guest comments are written by tired angry guests checking in late after a long, bad trip and they make their decisions without really experiencing the property. These guests leave after only 1 night not really knowings the facts.

Your experience is really based on your expectations. Every hotel wants to meet your expectations, but that is not always possible.

We appreciate your comments and feedback.
Sausalito, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Although this hotel has great potential (I can hear the waves from my room--only disrupted by the noise of guests and parties), it is somewhat offset by a very rude and unhelpful front desk staff. Last night there was a huge party on the beach under my window, and I actually had to call the police myself to finally break it up so that I could sleep.
This morning my neighbors in 614 (next to the head of my bed) started blasting their tv at 7am, and although I rang "Elana" 4 times, she only replied, in a very cheery little voice, "I called their room, M'am, and didn't hear their tv." Could they have turned it down in order to hear Elana, or is Elana, perhaps, deaf? I don't think so, as she certainly heard me, but turned a deaf ear.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sorry about the party on the beach and other guests watching television. It is very difficult to control noise no matter where it is coming from. Everyone has the right to enjoy their space. I agree that everyone should respect this right. Hotels are even more difficult with rooms side-by-side.

The front desk staff is not the problem. If fact, in this case, Elana made every possible effort to remedy the situation. A manager even went to the room in question without finding or hearing any loud noise.

Again, we are very sorry your peace and quiet was disturbed.

A Hui Hoe
Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed Oct 25 thru 29th 2012. When we drove up I was shocked, the first big hotel building you see is boarded up and windows are out and its abandoned is what we were told by the front desk. The staff was always friendly. The elevator was scary, old. Our room had a regular key lock, and the floors were uneven, the bathroom had hair on the floor, and alot of dust on the light and floor. Not very clean to my standards. It had a 17 inch old tv that worked fine, and a small fridge and small coffee maker, the bed was just a bed frame, no headboard. We had several lizards in our room, but thats alot better for me than cockroaches. LOL. No cockroaches here so that was good. The pool was bad, looked like a big pond, meaning it was not your normal outdoor pool, looked to me like cement poured into a big hole dug, chipped up everywhere. I was very dissappointed in our room and almost checked out right away but my husband said no lets give it a try once, never again. We normally stay at the Aston Kaanapali Villas which is much better. Will stay there next time again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
The Aston Kaanapali Villas is a wonderful place to stay. I believe the owners just spent about $5,000,000 on the property. Apples and Oranges!

Thanks for your review.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here with our family on a quick weekend staycation. It's a budget hotel so we didn't expect much. The room was clean and well stocked. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room because I had our itinerary packed full of activities. For the price we paid and the value we got, it was well worth it.

The property itself was beautiful. Very green and lush. If you're on a budget and just need a place to rest your head and take a shower, this is a great deal.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed in a garden view room for 3 nights, but we didn't spend much time in the room.
The pluses: The location was central (within close driving distance to good food, and other sights in Maui), the pricing is cheap for Maui, and the staff was friendly and helpful. We also had the use of a hospitality room in the evening after checkout so that we may shower and rest before our late evening flight.
The minuses: The room was old and somewhat shabby. The carpet, in particular, is quite worn out. The air-conditioner unit was also loud.
Note that there is a daily $10 resort fee.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Roy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights and found it to be perfect on location and pricing very fair. We booked a room on the West side of the road, so we were literally steps from the sand. Due to the proximity to the ocean the room was clean but pretty basic. Plenty of room to stretch out and you cant beat the view. I would stay here again, as the staff was friendly and the rooms were spacious and clean. Housekeeping staff kept trying to give us more towels, even though we didn't need them. LOL

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aston Maui Lu Resort? Share your experiences!