“Quiet side of Kihei, Maui” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nona Lani Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Nona Lani Cottages
You added Nona Lani Cottages to your Saves list
455 S. Kihei Rd., Kihei, Maui, HI 96753   |
Ranked #3 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Pueblo, Colorado
“Quiet side of Kihei, Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Good price, fantastic location, beach a hop away, no driving necessary. Our rate was $120 and the room was perfect for our family of three. Clean, charming and the staff couldn't be nicer. Close to everything but a faraway feeling. We found the experience better than staying in a high end resort. Since we were out most of the day it was nice to come back for a home-cooked dinner and walk on the beach.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

I would recommend Nona lani highly! Cottage 7 was clean and spacious. It was very centrally located to Maui attractions and had a beautiful beach right across the street. This would not be good for someone who likes large commercial hotels with lots of ammenities. It is quiet and personal.

• Stayed July 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011 via mobile

First before I even showed up I paid 135 per night. After I booked the prices went dow to 99 per night. When I called to ask about the reduced rate they would not match the price/issue a refund.

When I arrived I was told I could choose my room. They gave me two keys. When I went to look at one of the rooms it was occupied and the laptop was sitting in the kitchen. Anyone with a key could have taken it. I looked at the 4 ocean front cottages- 2 being the worst.

I stayed in cottage 3. The day I arrived the key got stuck in the door. I called 3 times and they didn't answer. I showed up at the office and barbara stated they were having a family meeting. She came over and fixed the door, if that is what you call it. She sent her husband over that night to fix it and he didn't have the tools he needed so he said he would come back the next day. I am here alone and the door is not secure.

Next day I leave the cottage at 5am...get back at 1:30pm to find tools on the balcony. I could not get in the cottage so I called the office and explained that I was outside trying to get in. Barbara put me on the phone with her husband (the guy fixing my door) and he said he was on his way over. I sat outside for nearly 10 minutes and he showed up. He let's me in the cottage and I go into the room to find the AC had been turned off. I left it on because it gets hot in the cottage. I turned it back on.

It has been 20 minutes and he is still fixing the door. I went on the 4 hour snorkel tour, got sea sick, and need to eat and rest, but I can't because he is here. I also did not give anyone permission to go into the bedroom and turn AC. I really want to turn everything in the cottage
24/7 and get my money worth.

The grounds are nice, cottage is not spotless but it is good enough. I would never stay here again for the price I paid. I could have bidded for the hyatt on priceline for half the cost....I would not reccommend.

• Stayed August 2011
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

The cottages we excellent. The owners and staff at Nona Lani were so accomodating. We arrived late, they were prepared for our arrival with our room all set and the keys waiting for us, just as they promise months prior. Rates were very reasonable location was perfect for us. away from the really busy touristy areas but a quick enough drive to everything. the beach was lovely - not as nice for swiming but lovely for walking along - which we did everymorning. the farmer's marketing is open m-f right down the street and the kitchenettes are fully stocked. Beds were very comfortable. We even enjoyed the company of our resident baby gecko. If you are used to posh hotels and room service - this is not hte place for you. If you like a cottage setting that laid back and casual - the Nona Lani Cottages are perfect!

Room Tip: We loved cottage number 4 - up front ocean view ;)
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

i went with a friend to maui. we planned to do activities all over maui, so we settled on kihei as a central base of operations. kihei is mostly condos, which i guess is fine, but nona lani cottages blows them all out of the water! it's a group of separate cottages, each can house about 2-4 people, settled on a plot of land lush with fountains, plumeria trees, hammocks and lounge chairs, and palms. there are bbq pits also for use. there's quiet beach right across the street and free parking. this place had much more character than any kihei condo complex, while still being in the great kihei location.

the living style of these cottages is condo-style, not hotel style: no daily maid service or room service, in-cottage kitchens that are pretty well-equipped with blender, coffeemaker, etc. this exactly fit with what we wanted. there is apparently a lei-maker on-site.

two suggestions for improvement: i wish nona lani would take credit card reservations online. also, i wish they had free wireless internet. we paid for internet, and knowing in advance that it wasn't going to be wireless, we actually brought a router from home so we made the internet wireless ourselves. there is a coin-op laundry on site. when i first came, i felt like the towels seemed a little musty/not fresh. but these are small/correctable details; overall i think this was such an awesome place and would definitely stay here again. they place was affordable and i really hope that it stays that way, despite all the enthusiastic reviews :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Neotsu, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Spent 15 fun-filled, relaxing days at the Nona Lani Cottages. Had no idea what to expect, but whatever it was, our expectations were exceeded ten-fold. Barbara was friendly, helpful, the perfect manager. A plus was meeting lots of friendly people who enjoyed the benefits, of location, quietness, and beauty. If you're looking reasonably priced accommodations with kitchen facilities that is truly, a home away from home, this is it. We will be back.

Room Tip: Had a garden view and could still hear the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We were really lucky to have chosen to stay at Nona Lani cottages. We stayed there for 2 weeks and we were sad to have to leave. The Kongs are truly special people and very friendly who take great pride in their property. The sun sets on the ocean side and rises above the mountains of Haleakala. We woke up every morning and viewed the beautiful sun rise through the palm trees from our private lanai. The gardens are gorgeous and the room was very cozy, spacious, neat and practical. The location was perfect. Just far enough away from the commercial district of Kihei and close enough to explore the entire island from a central location. After exploring the whole island, I can't think of a better location. We loved Nona Lani!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Nona Lani Cottages? Share your experiences!