“Fantastic amenities, service and location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maui Coast Hotel

You added Maui Coast Hotel to your Saves list
Maui Coast Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2259 South Kihei Road, Across the Street From Kamaole Beach I, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kihei
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sonoma, California, United States
“Fantastic amenities, service and location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Despite a small issue with roaches in the room, I would definitely stay here again! Great amenities, service and location at a great value. Staff was super friendly and helpful and went out of there way to say hello. Enjoyed dining for both breakfast and dinner at Ami Ami! I highly recommend the morning orientation for activities...a lot of great insight and info and the pricing was good booking through the hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Okanagan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed from April 22nd until May 1st. On our arrival Manny hooked us up with an amazing room on the 5th floor! A 1 bedroom suit, it was exactly what we needed for the time we were there. The hotel is a short walk across the street from a large clean beach as well as a quick walk away from many cafes, grocery stores, restaurants, surfboard/sup rentals craft fares etc. the room was clean, quiet and well equipped for our stay (fridge, microwave,free wifi, complimentary washer/dryer). The staff throughout the hotel all very friendly and helpful. The pool/hot tub area all looked very clean and inviting, although we didn't actually use them as we were there to enjoy the beach, ocean and everything else Maui has to offer. They provide a free "what to do on Maui" at 8:30am off the main lobby area to assist you in planning your trip, we didn't partake in that either as we knew what we were wanting to do already but, it was busy most mornings we walked passed. Our stay was very enjoyable and the price is perfect. Definite recommend! And we will be back!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon! The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful! I would give to Maui Coast Hotel an A++ for customer service! When we checked in we originally had a room on the 1st floor. Once we told the Edwin that it was our honeymoon, he told us he would move us up to the top floor the next day (all of the top floor rooms were taken our first night). The front desk kept their word and moved us the next morning - Edwin even took the time to my husband to let us know a top floor room was ready for us! The view from our room was amazing! My only complaint about the room would be that the bathroom is small. The bathroom door almost hits the toilet when it swings open. There certainly is not room in the bathroom for two people to get ready at once! The workout room at the hotel was amazing, however! The gym even had a spin bike in it. Also, if you are an avid runner, the street on which the hotel is located is beautiful to run on! The is also a beach and park right across the street.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

First time in Maui with my husband. We really had a great time! Great place to relax. We stayed 7 nights.

The staff was very welcoming and friendly. Clean and pleasant resort with lots of amenities. I love the water spa down the lobby. They make a different one everyday.
Close to shops and beaches, easy to walk. Free parking and Wi fi access throughout the resort.
The Maui Coast is an eco friendly hotel.

The room was large and modern. Bed was huge and very comfortable. Coffee maker, mini fridge, microwave, and small balcony. The bathroom was quite big with shampoo, conditionner and body wash dispensers. Bottle water is replenished everyday. We were on the 6th floor and it was very quiet.

We tried the Ami Ami restaurant once. The service was irreproachable and the food was delicious. But we mostly had dinner at the Kamaole poolside cafe. The food was also very good with decent pricing and the service was perfect. You should try their cocktail, my favorite one was the Mai tai! They do have entertainment night ! Different music style every night.

The pool was nice with 2 outdoor hot tubs. More crowded during the day though.

Overall we were really happy with our stay. I have nothing negative to say about this great hotel. I would highly recommend the Maui Coast for a relaxing stay.
Definitely would come back here again!!

Mahalo Maui Coast!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I travelled here for her birthday. After studying the various options available to us in Maui we chose this hotel, partly due to the positive reviews. We booked a Junior suite and was not disappointed. The room was spacious with a balcony. The view from our balcony was not great but we didn`t plan on spending much time on it, so we were not too bothered.

The room was well appointed, decent sized fridge, microwave, safe, lots of storage and a wet bar. This was just what we needed. There`s a large supermarket about a mile away from the hotel, we did a shop and were set up for the week. The wifi is decent and the TV had some good channels on it.

The gym is excellent, it is spacious with good weight machines, bikes, ellipticals, free weights and two treadmills. The pool is okay but relatively small but the ocean is massive ;-)

The staff are very friendly and helpful.

We only had breakfast twice at the hotel and both times it was mediocre. I`m not sure if the restaurant is actually owned by the hotel but either way we found it offered poor value. You are much better off walking the 100-200 meters to one of the many diners near the hotel. We found one called `Dennys` which was good value.

Anyway, Maui is a beautiful island, I definitely recommend hiring a car, to see some of the great sights around the island.

The hotel is a credit to the owners/management, I have no hesitation recommending this hotel to other travellers.

Room Tip: Suites are best, spacious.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed 3 nights. Nice artwork throughout the place. I was warmly welcomed and given a room with a view of the parking lot. Not to worry- I was seldom in my room long enough to look at it. Maui Coast has a great location for the price. I usually stay at the Punahoa Beach Condos, and some family was there, so this was a great compromise being a quick walk down the street and at the beach. I loved the free bikes. Kihei is a great place to bicycle around. So fun! Bicycle down to Foodland and get some Poke- they have great poke- and it makes a nice breakfast or snack. The room was clean. It has a small refrigerator and a microwave. It does not have any utensils- so pick up some beverages and food and utensils on your way in. Small coffee maker with just enough coffee for 2 cups- OK for me (1 person). It was clean and neat. The front desk gave me plenty of fresh beach towels whenever I asked. This was a bonus. Bathroom has plenty of towels. Forgot my toothbrush- front desk directed me to the gift shop- suspect after hours they might give you one. The room was quiet, modern and a great value. I would definitely stay here again. I did not try out the restaurants. The one day I went to the pool- it was nice and there is a lovely hotub- I was there quite a while before someone asked me if I wanted a beverage, but I did not get up off my comfy lounge and go ask either.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Clean Room, Nice modern décor, ACROSS from several beaches. FREE bike rentals (limited 3hrs), Pools were small (GO TO THE BEACH, isn't that why your visiting)
2 free bottles of water a day...
Close to all the stores and shops.
Bed was hard, but pillows were super fluffy and soft..
If you go to the Marriott Luau its free shuttle! (AND OPEN BAR)

Room Tip: Even if your a couple, book a 2 bed its cheaper. Was upgraded to a King Bed Suite and I didn't e...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Maui Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!