“Unit 60-1 / Dorli Ederer and vacationmaui.net” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Island Surf Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Island Surf Condominiums
You added Island Surf Condominiums to your Saves list
1993 South Kihei Road, Kihei, Maui, HI   |
Ranked #3 of 63 Specialty Lodging in Kihei
Arlington, Virginia
“Unit 60-1 / Dorli Ederer and vacationmaui.net”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed in Island Surf, Unit 60-1, which is managed by Dorli Ederer at vacationmaui.net and it was an extrordinary experience.

The condo is beautiful, well kept and clean with a spectacular view and I could not have asked for a better place to stay while on Maui. I have stayed in a number of different condos, and none had the location, the view and the comfort that this unit had.

The location was great - DIRECTLY across from the beach and right underneath all I needed (Maui Dreams Dive Co!!!). The view was spectacular - it was on the top floor and looked out on an unobstructed view of the ocean - I can only imagine how great it would be during whale season.

The condo was VERY well equipped and the bedroom was super comfortable and clean. There was everything you needed to really make this a home away from home - you know it, they had it. :)

As far as booking and the details of my trip, Dorli was VERY easy to work with and was fleixible with my schedule when I wanted to extend my stay.

Overall, my experience was outstanding and I would HIGHLY recommend using Dorli and staying in one of her condos! :)

MAHALO for a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Awesome Condo!
We had a great experience from the beginning working with Dorli Ederer.
*The condo had a beautiful view of Cove Park and Kalama Park (very nice local area).
*Amazing View of the water and steps to both the beach and shaved ice!
*Super clean! The condo was very clean, but the grounds were very well maintained too. We even dropped a note in the comment box about the fabulous job the Island Surf's groundskeeper does.

If you're going to Kehei, this is the place you want to stay. No question!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We just finished our first trip to Maui and had a great time. The condo that we stayed at had a great view, was nicely furnished, well equipped and very clean. The condo owner Norma, was a real pleasure to deal with. She delivered as promised and we found her to be very honest and personable. There were five of us in this condo (two parents and three young adults) for two weeks and never felt tight for space or lacked any privacy.

There have been some reviews that described noise issues, but we didn't find the noise levels uncomfortable and did not lose any sleep because of it. Most condo's in an urban setting will have some noise associated with them. We did hear some noise from the entertainment area near us on the week-end evenings, but did not find it was loud enough to bother us. At the same time, it was nice to have this entertainment area for shopping and restaurants so it is a bit of a trade-off.

There is a park area across the street in front of the condo with a decent beach. The water is very shallow here for some ways out so you are stepping on some rocks until you get to deeper water. We started there but ended up walking two blocks up to an absolutely fantastic beach (Charley Beach I believe). This beach was sandy all the way out into deeper water and had some good waves.

Not sure what our plans are for next year yet, but if we were going back to Maui we would stay at this condo again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We had a blast here in Maui with our 14 yr old. He slept in the living room on a reasonable sofa bed while we were in the back on the quieter side of the unit. The front has lots of street noise thru the day, but quieted right down at night. The back was overall quite quiet. The unit we were in was very reasonably priced and very well stocked. We would stay here again in an instant!

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be quieter and have better views.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Menlo Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We nearly canceled the booking because we saw the review that says it is noisy. But we are so glad we went. First of all, the view (we were on the fifth floor) is amazing. But the condo (#511) was also much more spacious and better laid out than other ocean view condos we'd rented before - it's really light with plenty of space, which we gather is true for all the condos in the building. This particular one had been beautifully and expensively remodeled and was comfortable as well as quite stylish.

To our relief, there really wasn't a noise issue. Maybe it depends on the location of the condo - one side of the building borders South Kihei Road, which is the main drag in Kihei. The other wing of the building looks south-west at an angle to South Kihei Road. We stayed about halfway down that wing, and the road noise was negligible. The bedrooms are to the back of the building and completely quiet. There also wasn't any noise from restaurants, though there are quite a number nearby. If there ever was music late at night, it's not happening now.

Finally, the location is great - central to a lot of activities and restaurants, and a dive shop right in the building. We also took paddle board lessons after watching them from the condo for a few days in a row. (It's both easier and harder than it looks!)

Room Tip: Units above the 3rd floor have the best views by far. Units not directly on South Kihei Road are qu...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Aloha, I just spent a fantastic week in Dorli’s 1 bd /1bath condo. What a lovely and cute place. I love it! You can’t beat the views and location it’s priceless! This was my 3rd time staying in her condo and I figured it’s time that I shared with others what a great deal this really is.
Even though I rented a car, I stayed within 10 minutes of the condo. I have my 2 favorite beaches, one for snorkeling and one for quiet time, reading, yoga, playing in the water, sunbathing and to just be. The condo is a great place to come home to for lunch, (take advantage of the wonderful kitchen) and still soak in the gorgeous view and then go out for an afternoon swim and an evening walk along all the beaches all the way down to Wailea. I enjoyed sitting on the condo balcony, (lanai they call it in Maui) soaking in that incredible ocean view and even seeing some whale spouts once in a while.
It was nice and quiet in the evening and I have no complaints about any noise from this condo and slept very well in her super comfy bed. (The mattress is absolutely wonderful.) Otherwise I would have not been back 3 times now. I have made this an annual retreat for myself and can’t wait to do it again next year. Many thanks to Dorli and her team for keeping the condo sparkling and inviting year after year. (PS. Love the new TV’s!)
I am so grateful for having found this pearl in paradise. (That’s what Dorli’s condo truly is!)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We rented Norma Altschuler's top floor condo last summer for nine days and had a great time. The views were magnificent. The top floor location meant that the only sound we heard was the surf. Speaking of which our teenage boys took surf lessons at the Waverider school across the street and had a ball. Very convenient location. Good food, sporting goods and beauty salon on the premises. Good places to eat and get groceries within a block and a half of the property.
Norma has amenitized the place completely. Every kitchen device you could dream of. Excellent TVs and cable. Internet hook-up was lightning fast. It was a really comfortable place for a get away. We found lots of really good, almost private beaches in a five mile radius. We especailly liked the non-touristy quality of the property and the town.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Island Surf Condominiums? Share your experiences!