“Great variety, local foods, fresh and hot, casual fun foodfest” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Hamburgers, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Kahului, Hawaii
“Great variety, local foods, fresh and hot, casual fun foodfest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great variety, local foods, fresh and hot, casual fun foodfest! Great place to stop for a hearty meal. Tons of locals and workers go here. I treated my work team to lunch here and we scarfed it up. I had the chicken katchu. I saw people eating yummy burger lunch plates with rice and spam dishes. I'll definitely return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

bay area, ca
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Whenever we arrive in Maui, we always stop by Da Kitchen for our first meal. It's conveniently located near the airport. This time around, we were lucky and managed to miss the lunch crowd. My husband ordered the ahi sandwich, I got the fried rice and my son the terriyaki burger. The prices are pretty reasonable. We all enjoyed our meals. Although the restaurant was pretty full (a line started up just as we were seated) the service is quick and efficient. A few years ago, we tried the Da Kitchen in Lahaina on Front Street. That restaurant doesn't seem to be nearly as good as the one in Kahalui.

Visited February 2014
Kahului, Hawaii
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a great place to eat for local people. Tourist will enjoy being able to try Hawaiian Food.
Good Food, Huge Potions, good service

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chico, California
“Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife works in food and beverage running restaurants and this places service amazed her. The servers work together like they are one person with many hands, pretty impressive. Needless to say great service and the food was inventive and delicious. Who can not like fired spam goodness with other more extravagant options. BYOB, so make sure to bring a good beer from the gas station or market down the street. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“The best plate lunches in Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I don't know why we had not tried Da Kitchen until this visit, but I'm glad that we did. The food here is outstanding, and the portions are huge - you can easily share a single plate between two people, which my wife and I did on our final day in Maui. It's within 5 minutes of the airport, making it extremely convenient for arrivals and departures. Both the Teriyaki Beef and Kalua Pork plates were phenomenal, as was their potato mac salad. Despite this being nearly an hour away from where we usually stay in Maui (Ka'anapali), we're going to make Da Kitchen one of our regular stops throughout the week. The food is that good.

• Visited February 2014