“Well worth the wait” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
“Well worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This has been a regular stop for dinner whenever we visit family on Maui. It is a great first or last stop near the airport. The popularity definately shows as lines have gotten longer on each visit, and there is almost always a crowd out front. The food is delicous and always worth the wait. It appears that they may be expanding as well. It will be great to see on our next trip. Come by and try it too. You will be glad you did.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Herndon, Virginia
“Great sampling of local fare close to Kahului Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The reviews here drew me to Da Kitchen between a morning meeting and a Kahului flight back to Oahu. I wanted to try some authentic local dishes, so I was glad to find a sampling in Da “Lau Lau” Plate: "Two Freshly steamed pork wrapped in taro leaves with lomi salmon" (and more). I was glad to have a local colleague with me to explain what was before me, and to vouch for the authenticity of it all. Not gonna say everything rose to the top of my "must get this again" list, but it was a huge serving of varied (and somewhat exotic) local tastes, just what I wanted. I liked the inviting atmosphere of this bustling restaurant, which appeared to be drawing mostly locals, and the service was cheerful and efficient. Probably the best food close to the airport. I'd go back gladly to try some of the other enticing items on their varied menu.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Best meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We ate here just before flying out. Had the yummiest meals of our stay. Kalbi beef noodles and teriyaki beef. It was expensive, but the food and service was exceptional. We also had lumpia and macnut cream pie. Wife says the organic lemonade was delicious. My tea was great as well. Will definitely be back.

Visited July 2013
“Recommended by locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Da Kitchen was recommended by a local where we rented our car. We were looking for something just outside the airport and wanted good, clean and not fancy. Da Kitchen is great. We shared the fish and chips (yes, it is enough for two). Their island tea is great, but at $3 a glass, you could have water to save money. We will return.

Visited February 2013
Lake Conroe, Texas
“Ate here many years ago, just as wonderful today!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We ate here years ago and was hoping it was still here. Still in the same spot and everything tastes just as wonderful as we remember! I would recommend the Hawaii plate, Korean short ribs and fried cheesecake for dessert. The best meal on the planet!!

• Visited July 2013