“Great Central Location” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“Great Central Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Courtyard is near to the airport, right across the street from Costco and centrally located to all the sites and activities on Maui. This is not a beach and spa resort but there is a pool, hot tub and fitness center. There is a Bistro in the lobby but no restaurant. The rooms have a small refrigerator and coffee maker. A microwave is located in the lobby.
If you are here for the sea and sand and nightlife stay in Lahaina or Kihei areas but if you are here for the Haleakala Crater, Road to Hana, Iao Needle, Horseback rides et al, this is the right hotel. One thing more, at he the end of your visit think about donating your towels to the Maui Humane Society nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for our first night on Maui. We flew in late and wanted a place close to the airport. The hotel is immaculate and updated. Check in staff were friendly and professional. Room was clean and fresh smelling. The rates are quite expensive compared to Courtyard hotels on the mainland, but this is Maui! (resort rates are easily double or triple). The hotel is the first one that uses a RFID key cards (instead of inserting the key card in a slot, you tap the card on the door). There is a Costco next door and you are literally a chip shot away from the airport.

Staff were extremely accommodating and went beyond the call of duty to help us out with requests. My wife's favorite part was the wooden Tiki statue located by the elevators! What shocked me was the posted Rack Rate on our room was listed as $1500. Hope no one pays THAT much!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Ledge, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is a 1/2 mile from the airport. We flew in late, so we decided to stay close by. Wise choice, the complimentary hotel shuttle picked us up from the airport. We requested the south facing the Haleakala Mountains to catch the sunrise, that was beautiful. Room was perfect. Staff was very friendly. Shuttle took us to car rental.

Room Tip: South facing to catch sunrise over the Haleakala Mountains
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Recently spent 5 nights at the Marriott Courtyard during a business trip. It is a fairly new hotel about 1 mile from the airport. The rooms were large and very clean, and there are walk-in showers. The staff were particularly friendly and always very helpful. The hotel has a minibus that is on call to take guests anywhere within a small radius. If you want to get out further then a car is essential. Particularly nice was the fire circle behind the hotel. It is a nice way to meet people as they relax in the evening. This way I received a useful couple of must-do and must-avoid tips. Depending on the wind you will hear the planes take-off and land. The bistro was fine for breakfast and a snack in the evening - but not open during lunch. I stayed in a busy week so the rate was high - otherwise enjoyed it here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saskatoon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

As our 2 week vacation in Maui ended, my husband became seriously ill and required emergency surgery necessitating an extended stay in Maui during peak tourism season. I was referred to The Courtyard Marriott (among other nearby hotels) and was lucky enough to secure a room for part of my required stay. I cannot say enough about the staff here and facilities! It was a new hotel that has all the amenities and more one requires, very well looked after, clean, onsite laundry which was great considering I had no clothes…a great bistro for quick meals featuring Starbucks Coffee, wireless internet that actually worked – well, I could go on and on. Even though they were booked to capacity, they managed to squeeze me in for 4 nights at a very reasonable rate (compared to what I would pay in the coming days at another nearby hotel). During this very emotionally charged time for me, they were sympathetic and thoughtful…I would not hesitate to every recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you are looking for accommodations near the airport, cruise ship area or hospital. One of the most positive experiences I had in Hawaii this year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriott while on travel to photograph a wedding in Maui. I chose the hotel specifically because a lot of hotels on Maui do not have air-conditioning, and I am a huge baby when it comes to being too hot, and wanted to make sure I was comfortable on my stay. That, and the price was fair for the busy president’s day weekend that we were there. I also wanted a comfy bed, and Marriott consistently has comfortable rooms. This place is brand new and had great ratings so I felt like I had made the right decision. Its located on the North end of the island, very close to the airport, in the same parking lot as Costco, so tons of stuff within easy walking distance. It’s about an hour drive to Wailea and Lahina respectively, and 20 minutes from Kihei, so not too bad. The front entrance was always well kept, there is free computers as well as free in-room wifi. There is also a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport. We had a car, and I was not happy about the $10 a day parking fee, and it seemed a little weird they would have one, but oh well. The pool area was nice, always well stocked with towels and clean. They have super cute cabanas in the pool area as well. The staff was consistently great, very attentive, nice and considerate (minus one front desk lady, who was a bit rude, but overall the staff was amazing. I was really unimpressed with the housekeeping. Our room started clean, and items were re-stocked, such as coffee and bathroom items, however it progressively got less and less attention to the point where one day we came in and the only thing done was the beds were made, and half our towels replaced but we were not given a full set of towels. We came back one day at 2pm and the room was still not attended. Later that same day after housekeeping had arrived, our beds were made but that was it. We had dirty counters (with coffee on it from the morning coffee making), hair on the bathroom floor, only half a set of clean towels and no replaced coffee. We had to go down to the front desk to ask for towels and coffee, which they handled well, and sent someone to our room to re-clean and restock. Another bummer, our air conditioner broke and we asked to have it fixed, which it worked for a while the day we asked, however it broke again and this caused two nights in a row of us waking up sweating, so sleepless nights were had by both people in the room for two of our last nights of vacation - very unrelaxing and irritating. We couldn’t even open our window to get some relief. I felt the front desk staff and manager handled it well, reimbursing us for part of our stay, which I felt was sufficient and they were very nice and it was quickly resolved, but that was still disappointing. Less important, the icemachine on our floor broke as well, but they got it fixed very quickly after I notified the front desk. I would stay here again, but I would definitely look around at other options first, most likely based on location as this was a bit far from Lahina and Wailea, but close to Pai'a and Kehei which was nice. I am happy to see their staff is trained consistently in the reception area, and hope they will do a bit better job with the room/housekeeping staff. Definitely a great spot if you are needing to stay on the north end of the island or are there for business!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

(I originally posted this in the forum, and am copy/pasting it directly from there)

I stayed here for two nights on business and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.The hotel was very clean and had a modern feeling, with a touch of Hawaiian culture. The Bistro in the lobby served pretty good food, but was a tad bit on the pricey side. However, they did run a happy hour from 5-7pm where you could get drinks and food at a decent price. The pool and hot tub are open from 8am-10pm and they have a ton of comfortable pool furniture, including some cabana covered beds. The room itself was very clean and included a couch, table and office desk (I stayed in guest room, King-sized bed). The bathroom was also very nice, unfortunately (or fortunately for some) there is no tub and only a stand-alone shower -- but the shower door does not spill water onto the floor when opened, and the bathroom fan (a rarity in Hawaii!) actually prevents fog on the mirror (important for those who shower in the morning).

As some have mentioned, there isn't a view and it is a little off from the tourist areas of Maui and not by the beach; plus they charge $10/ day for parking which doesn't make a ton of sense based upon the location. However, I definitely recommend a stay here, especially those who are travelling on business. There is complimentary free wifi throughout the hotel, and the business area also has a printer (free of charge) for use. It's also incredibly close to the airport and even some small shopping places and eateries as well.

Overall, I would give it a 4 buttered popcorns (out of 5). I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Great hotel, especially for business travelers. However, if you are looking for the "tourist&qu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Maui Kahului Airport? Share your experiences!