“I booked a 14 night stay at the hotel...” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
10% OFF&FREE ROOM UPGRADE
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
“I booked a 14 night stay at the hotel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010 via mobile

I booked a 14 night stay at the hotel during a business trip and the staff was so warm and friendly that I felt like I was at home! They had the true Hawaii spirit and showed me so much Aloha that I will ONLY stay at the Maui Seaside hotel going forward while I'm on business on Maui. The hotel is not the most modern hotel but Is very CLEAN and sits right on the ocean and is centrally located right near the malls wholefoods and the airport. This hotel has everything that is needed if our traveling on business or on a family vacation. They also provideded me with a microwave, coffee maker and refridge so I could eat in after a long day of work. I highly recommend this hotel if you really want to experience the true hawaiian hospitaliy that the islands have to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Copenhagen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

This place is OK, if you have nowhere else to stay. Unfriendly, arrogant and demining front desk personnel. I didn’t feel that I was welcome at this place at all.

My biggest complains is absolutely the weird and unfriendly front desk staff and the noise from the street.

This hotel ( old motel? ? ) has large rooms with nice beds. But almost EVERYTHING is outdated and should have been demolished or “re-invented” many years ago. The noise from the street is unacceptable. I only slept for a few hours. If that don’t bother you, the location is good at the very ocean front and close to airport.

I paid about 132$, and that’s way overpriced for what you get.

Not sufficient facilities in the room. No Coffee / tea facilities, no iron, no hairdryer.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Kahului hotels

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

We stayed at the Maui Seaside because it was one of the few reasonably-priced hotels on Maui. It looks like, and feels like, a mid-priced motel in the US or Canada.

It's very convenient to the airport and shopping -- there's a large fashion mall within walking distance, and many local restaurants.

The rooms are rather small, and WiFi costs about $25/week. Parking on their lot is an extra $5/day. We did get a microwave and small fridge. It has a large pool and small beach, which is part of the protected Kahului bay.

There's a restaurant on the property, which we never ate at.

If you expect an all-inclusive resort, you'll be disappointed in the Maui Seaside. We wanted somewhere to sleep, and store our stuff, while we explored Maui, and we were well satisfied.

Charles

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Me and my husband stayed for 2 nights. We pick this Hotel as its close to Airport (we are leaving quite early an its just a 10 to 15 mins drive to airport) plus we need to wake up early for sunrise from Haleakala (which we just use slightly more than 1 hours to arrive the visitor centre). the rooms are ok althoguh they are a bit old. there are 2 big shopping mall next to the hotel so no problem with food. Parking is cheap too!

Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

My check in started by hearing they wouldn't have a room available until 3, I arrived at 9. However they were eager to hold my luggage and gave me a coupon to eat at the restaurant while I waited. Within an hour I was contacted by them to inform me they had a room ready for me. The room was very clean and cozy and the front desk staff is very friendly. Although I didn't spend much time in my room, the price was reasonable. The location is central, close enough to the airport, the mall, Wal-Mart and highways. I didn't rent a car on this trip, you have bus station at the mall and take you to whatever town you want.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Oahu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

After reading the reviews I was a little worried about booking this hotel, but my husband and I simply did not have a choice with our budget. The place was clean, spacious, and there were no bugs. The staff was pleasant and the location was central to going everywhere which is what we wanted to do. It was definately worth the price. The only thing that annoyed me was we specifically ordered a room with a king size bed, paid extra in fact for a king sized bed, and when we got there we were told they were sold out and they only had two double beds. The rest was ok.

Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

I found the room to be adequate for our needs. We were upgraded to a larger room by doing a price match with them directly(see their website). Everything is very simple and basic. We didn't spend much time in the room. The beach is accessible but only from the main pool area/courtyard. This is definitely not a resort. Its an inexpensive hotel to sleep in. I did find the location to be great for exploring both sides of the island.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Maui Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!