“Great Price and Conveniently Located” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
FREE Wi-FI, NO RESORT FEE
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
Kansas City, Kansas
“Great Price and Conveniently Located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel is approximately 5 minutes from the airport and convenient to everything on the island. We ate at the restaurant that was in the hotel, the prices were reasonable, the food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. Our room was clean, the beach wasn't the best, but hey, you're in Maui, plenty of beaches abound! Why pay 4 times as much to walk through a million dollar lobby of a resort hotel on your way out to explore the beauty that is Maui?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Morgan City, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The staff was very friendly. Room was nice. Had a problem with some sugar ants but we left hotel early each day and return late. So this did not bother us. I would stay again for the price. We had a microwave and small ice box in our room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

It wasn't in the plan, but I was not unfamiliar with the place - do your homework.

Is it dated? Yes - but when they start installing all new everything it will raise prices considerably. For us it worked beautifully and not only was I surprised, I was delighted.

The staff is very kind and truly real. It's without a doubt the quietest hotel I have ever stayed at. We were assigned to one room, but I had to ask for another for a King bed - it was perfect. Rooms do vary. The room was clean, I am very picky and it met my requirements.

Mentioned in other reviews: Stains on towels? Thank you for not using too much chlorine bleach and Thank you for not perfuming the rooms. This hotel uses better shampoo and soap than the five star places. I have no complaint and found it very enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you get a room you don't like, be nice when you ask for another - these are people and they a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Waianae, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

local people will be glad to see the level of local spirit and hospitality in a laid back hawaiian fasion. In addition, their employees do go beyond just a hello, they are good at following up on items left behind, really appreciated!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Elgin, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

If you need a place to sleep, this place will do. It is not nice or luxurious, the Internet is painfully slow; and room size, layout, and quality varies quite a bit. I have stayed in many hotels in over the past year, and this one ranks in the bottom 25%. It is probably the cheapest you'll find in Kahului, though, and is comfortably within walking distance of many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We where three friends staying at this hotel in the end of March. It had an ok rating and was pretty cheap, so we went for it. The hotel consisted of a lot buildings with a bit messy layout. The hotel looked and smelled a bit old, but the rooms were ok. Found some hears on both towels and sheets, and was not really that clean. The personnel did not do much, and did not seem that friendly. A little bonus was the pool area, which was good for relaxing in the evening. This is not the best of hotels, but if the people in the reception, the cleaning lady and the rest of the employees just had a bad day, this could almost be a "four" (given the price).

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Kahului hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have stayed here in the past and it wasn't too bad back then. I work for a hotel brand where I'm used to nicer and cleaner rooms. But we needed one night to stay and I figure we stay here. My husband said we got a free upgrade I was like oh cool! Yea our room looked like u were walking into a closet, u open the door and the musty old smell was bleh! The only upgrade was the king size bed? That what my husband asked for because we had our 22 mth old daughter. The front door didn't close good there were little cracks here and there like someone tried to break in before. Instead of replacing the door they put rubber foam? Hello! Doesn't make us feel safe! Bathroom was dirty! Towels were stained! My husband had to keep reminding me it was only for one night. So sad a local place like this that yea a lot of local people like to come too is so run down! Definitely need to remodel and upgrade this place. I'm a kamaaina and this is just terrible. I will pay the extra monies to stay somewhere else. Even for kamaaina this rate was not worth it with the condition of the rooms! I wouldn't stay here or recommend my Ohana and friends to stay here either ;(. Sorry!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Maui Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!