“What really is Sunshine Helicopters” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 activities in Kahului
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: In an industry that demands the best Sunshine Helicopters delivers! We are the only company on Maui offering customers the ability to pre-book "First Class" front-row seating and the choice of two High-Tech helicopters: 1. Fly the New-Generation EC130 Whisper STAR, outfitted with all the latest technology and roomy cabin for 6 passengers. 2. Eco-friendly AS350 FX STAR, upgraded with the more powerful and quieter Honeywell Turbine engines, burning 10-15% less fuel than our competitors, allowing Sunshine to pass on a tremendous amount of savings to our guests. The fleet of helicopters are fully equipped with emergency pop-out floats for safety, air-conditioning, pilot-to-pax intercom and a 3-camera Sky-Cam Video system recording your actual tour.Sunshine Helicopters is a FAA Part 135 Air Carrier and Tour Operator Program of Safety (TOPS) Certified. Most of our pilots are former Flight Instructors of the top aviation schools in the nation or highly skilled military veterans. Your safety is our #1 priority!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“What really is Sunshine Helicopters”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Talk about a Shady company, we flew over the holidays and these guys and gals running this place could barley run a two car parade. Luckily the pilot was the only normal thing around there. We were stuck with the Crater/Beach ride as i'm sure you will read other reviews that they come up with excuses not to fly to Hana ! which in the end did not matter as it was the oldest smallest window'd helicopter i have been on in a long time. All in all not a professionally run company. Maui is known for drugs and i think if you needed some you could find them at Sunshine, Rain or shine ;)

Visited December 2012

“It was worst tour that I did in my life.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Because I stay in napili beach whole trip so I bought molokai tour from helicoptero sunshine. They don't call me before I drive over there so I just know about flying when we arrived over there so we can't see Molokai and they just flying on the beach and they just told for us " I sorry " because weather !!! If they call me before I could have changed date tour to another day ! They just think make money so they don't care about your money . If you wanna go be careful!!! Don't flying sunshine helicopter ! Don't trust them.

Sao Paulo, SP
“Terrible Pilot, even terrible post sales - Don't waste money here !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We booked last 11/08/2012 and got a flight to see the volcano. Nobody told us about the rain (that prevented us from see the volcano itself) and also the pilot did a very bad job going very fast from the top to the botom causing terrible pain to my wifé's hear.
She as crying a lot at the time and nothing was made about it.

When we landed I complained about it and ask then to see the vídeo and they told me was not necessary because they will refund the bad service but today they just told us that nothing will be repaired.

Bad service and liers you definally will not want to have your wife/girlfriend here.

Visited November 2012
St Louis, MO, USA
17 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our Maui Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This past week, my wife and I spent a wonderful 1 week plus vacation in Maui. I'm sure there is something to be said for driving around the island, however an absolutely spectacular way to see most of the beauty is by helicopter. In 1 hour we saw most of Maui as well as the adjoining island of Lanai. WOW!!!! Sunshine Helicopter was professional, Safety Conscious, and very informative without being too chatty. When not chatting the headphones provided wonderful soothing Hawaiian background music. My wife and I were sitting up front with our pilot Ian. I was seated on the outside and looking straight down from about 4000 ft can be a little un-nerving but spectacular. Although it is by nature an expensive "activity" it is one, in our opinion, one that is WELL WORTH IT. Although we can't compare Sunshine to any of the other Helicopter Tour Companies, we can tell you that Sunshine was GREAT!!! We got to them from the concierge at our hotel in West Maui. I'm sure you can "go direct" but like so many activities, we didn't really know what questions to ask. We were guided in the right direction. We did buy the video dvd of our actual flight and it was in our mailbox when we arrived back home. I'm not so sure anyone else will really want to watch it, but we enjoyed re-living this wonderful tour. So..., our recommendation.....Do it, & do it with Sunshine Helicopter tours on Maui.

Visited November 2012
Magnolia, New Jersey, United States
“Fun in Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife's first flight in a helicopter. I haven't been in a Helo since 1976 with the USMC. What a joy. Everything was outstanding. The pilot was top notch. Explained everything we were looking at. Took us up valleys, by waterfalls and along shear cliffs. I would fly with Rob any day any where. If you want a very good price with a perfect helicopter trip use Sunshine helicopter tours. You will have your breath taken away.

Visited October 2012