Just back from 10 days in Hawaii. Although we enjoyed the Ka'anapali kondo and were entertained by the sensory overload of Waikiki I suspect the memories that will become most treasured are from a precious few sublime days at Hale Manu in Hana.
Me, my wife and our newly graduated 18 yr old daughter were totally comfortable in this home that's decorated & stocked, not by a corporation but, by real people. The cottage has a large porch and yard and provides privacy- you'll to hear the sounds of nature over the sounds of man. The kitchen is well equipped and even had spices,olive oil, garlic and a bowl of fresh avocados (the tree is right outside) and tropical fruit.
Chris gave us enough time to settle in then filled us in with information on the cottage and the area -like where to grocery shop in Hana (it's a short list). I told him what kind of activities we liked and he recommended an amazing hike in Haleakala Park through a bamboo forest to Waimoku falls-this is a "must-do". In the evenings we made our own dinner and ate outside. As night fell we watched geckos gathering for their dinner by the porch light ! With music playing from a Hawaiin music-fest CD we laid cushions on the porch then gazed at more stars then we ever saw in our lives. It's a magic place-thanks Chris & Leokane.
Some recommendations; Grab the provided beach mats and chairs and head down the road a mile to Hamoa Beach, it's the perfect beach. Swim in the natural pools at Oheo Gulch - go early to avoid crowds. Also, if you're looking for a Hawaiian shirt, one of the gift shops in the town center next to the Hana Ranch restaurant has a great vintage collection .
- Also Known As:
- The Guest Houses At Malanai In Hana Hotel
- The Guest Houses At Malanai In Hana Hotel Hana
- The Guest Houses At Malanai In Hana Maui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer two impeccably maintained, fully furnished, ocean view homes in one of Hana’s finest locations. We are directly across from the Maka’alae pasturelands and ocean and also situated within walking distance to world famous Hamoa Beach and Venus Pool. Each home is landscaped for privacy on our approximately two-acre property. We live in a separate home on the property, so you have the security of knowing that your rental is well maintained and though we honor your privacy, we make ourselves available to assist you when needed. Both of our guesthouses have stack washer/dryers, tub and shower combinations (a oversized claw foot tub in Hale Ulu Lulu and a spa tub in Hale Manu) and enjoy the convenience of “on the grid” wi-fi, electricity, free telephone to US/Canada, cable and water. We consistently receive rave reviews on our attention to detail and thoughtfully equipped homes. ... more less