“Paradise... a place that one goes back many times!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bamboo Inn on Hana Bay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hana
Bamboo Inn on Hana Bay
You added Bamboo Inn on Hana Bay to your Saves list
Uakea Rd, PO Box 374, Hana, Maui, HI 96713   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hana B&B and Inns
Cuauhtémoc, Distrito Federal, Mexico
“Paradise... a place that one goes back many times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We arrived in Maui looking for a place to stay that would be Hawaiian style: relaxed, view of the beach, sunrise and with great vibes... Bamboo Inn and specially John the owner turned out to be exactly that! The bungalows are very cozy, have great view on the beach that is 100mts away and with an incredible sunset view!! Breakfast every morning is a basket full of bread, muffins and fruit, great experience! I would definitely recommend this place... hope everyone has a chance to go!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

A friend and I stayed at Bamboo Inn for two nights a few weeks ago. We took a big ol' bubble bath on the back porch, slept with the doors open so we could hear the waves crashing and see the glorious sunrise in the mornings. Warm croissants, fresh fruit, centrally located, clean and friendly. We were able to make our own food on the two burner portable stove and save leftovers for lunch in the mini fridge. Loved it there!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The best place to stay in Hana!. The bungalow is super nice with an amazing view to the beach. Also is very well located, the breakfast is very good and the owner, John gives an excellent service. I recommend you to watch the sunrise and sunset from the balcony, majestic!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

If you go to Maui, you want to spend at least a night, we stayed two, in Hana. If I were going back I would seriously consider staying my whole vacation here. Theres no glamorous facility with a pool side bar, no 5 star restaurants, no fashion shops, only a little slice of heaven on earth. Our room had one of the most spectacular views imaginable by man. The hot tub on the patio was a great place to enjoy it. It had a comfortable bed and tons of character, with a kitchenette and an outdoor grill so we could cook our own dinner. That said, there are some downsides that should be known going in that I think could be resolved by the owner. I'm going to discuss them so that you can make your own decision, but I have to stress, I recommend a stay here!

1. Plumbing - it didn't affect me, because it all went below our room, but the plumbing is bad. Our hot tub all but drained directly on to the ground below us. Our outdoor shower (only in Honu sweet and it states it on the website.) Didn't even have a drain pipe, just went through the grate onto the ground below. Toilet and sinks were all fine.
2. Minor ant issue - we left a little food out overnight, we had some ants in the morning. Second night, no food, no problem.
3. The grill was gross - I cooked on foil, but there was a dirty spatula out, the grate had old food on it, and there were old grill grates in the tree. That area needs a deep clean.

These seem like pretty big quirks, I know, and I've stayed at some of the nicest hotels in the country that have none of these issues, but I have to recommend it. Our stay in Hana was amazing, and this is a great place to spend it!

• Stayed August 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed August 2013
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

After two nights at this inn I am once again reminded that Hawaii still does have its charm, tradition and natural beauty in tact. I love this place...all the details are thought of without going overboard. The best bathtub ever...out on the deck looking over the beautiful quiet black beach. Thank you John for a tranquil and memorable stay!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We by chance ran into this place while in hana and were so happy with the view, room, owner, location, cleanliness and even the complimentary pastries in the morning were great! The price was good for the accomodations. I just cannot stress enough how enjoyable and comfortable our stay here was! Everyone travelling through hana should stay here for a night to experience this gem!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Bamboo Inn on Hana Bay? Share your experiences!