“Perfect end to a long drive” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Hana
Cuisines: Thai
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Perfect end to a long drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had driven the long and challenging road to Hana and only knew of this place after reading reviews on trip advisor. Lovely setting, slightly hidden up a lane but worth it! Very informal, good choice of food available all cooked fresh. The Thai Green Seared Tuna curry was amazing. Would go again.

• Visited June 2014

southern california
“Good but a bit overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I guess living in California, we have our share of good Thai food. This place was fresh and good but not over the top. The dishes were a bit overpriced too. But you can tell it is authentic. Nice lil' hut - be prepared of mosquitoes but that's Hana life.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Waialua, Hawaii
“Best Thai Food Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The best Thai food I've ever had :) especially the Crispy Opaka with Green Mango Salad. The Spring Rolls were crispy, hot and delicious. My friend ordered the chicken Pad Thai and it was very flavorful. This place has a friendly atmosphere where you get your own beverages from a cooler. We went at 2 pm and the place was packed so we waited over 30 minutes for our food to arrive, but it was worth the wait.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have to admit that I’m not an expert in Thai food, so I can’t say if Nutcharee’s Authentic Thai food lives up to its name, but I can say that it’s delicious. Really delicious. So delicious that my husband and I went twice, and on the second visit we ordered extra so we could take it home for lunch the next day. The chef makes daily specials that are holding in large chafing dishes at the front of the restaurant. As you walk in, a server opens the lid on the dishes so you can see (and smell!) them and then lets you seat yourself. On the first trip I opted for the special – fresh Ono in a green curry sauce -- and my husband (who isn’t a great fan of coconut milk) ordered the spicy fried rice with tofu. My lunch was fantastic. The green curry sauce was full of flavor with very complex tastes that blended perfectly, and the Ono itself was fresh and tender. My husband’s fried rice was also really good. On the second trip, we took my mother who had never had Thai food before in her life. Not being an adventurous eater, she first ordered the fried rice, but our waiter commented, “there are far more interesting things on the menu.” After a brief discussion, she decided on fish in ginger sauce when the waiter said they could substitute the bell peppers for carrots to suit her taste. Much to my surprise, she really enjoyed it. My husband ordered the spicy fried rice again, and we also ordered a bowl of Tom Yum soup to take home. Both were excellent. I ordered one of the two daily specials -- red curry sauce which came over rice and either freshly caught Ono or Ahi. It perhaps was not a complex as the green curry, but was still excellent. The only downside to the restaurant is that the kitchen is small and because the regular menu items are made to order, the wait to get your food can take a while when the dining room is full. I heard the wait staff telling tables that came in after us that the wait could be between 45-60 minutes. However, if you’re not in a rush, it’s worth the wait, and if you are in a hurry simply order one of the specials and you won’t have to wait at all.

Visited June 2014
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Oh so yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed near by at the Travassa and stopped by Nutcharee's twice for lunch during our stay. What a great decision. Everything that you read about this restaurant and the great food is true. We arrived at around 12:30 each day and had a bit of a wait, but it was well worth it. We had the Opakapaka salad, which is one of their specialty items and it was amazing. The fish was fresh and the dressing was delicious.
We also had the fresh fish of the day, which on both days was Mahi Mahi (one with a Panang sauce and one with a green curry). Both were very good.
The restaurant is quite rustic, but we thoroughly enjoyed the simple setting.
Because the cost of food at Travassa Hotel Hana is quite high, we brought some salads and Summer Rolls back to our room and ate these during the evening on the lanai. A definite option if you don't want to pay the high food costs at the hotel.

• Visited June 2014