“Very friendly staff, but way overpriced!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Frisco, Texas, United States
“Very friendly staff, but way overpriced!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

First of all, I want to say that the staff here and all the people in Hana, for that matter, were the nicest people we met in Maui. We went on a Monday night so they had live music. We loved the two men performing and the women doing Hula. The ambiance was very nice. The food, however, was so-so. I ordered the Mahi and my friend ordered the steak. It was a VERY small portion and both were $40. Basically $40 for a very small piece of meat. I ordered a mai tai, also tasty but very average for the $15 price tag. But, it's Hana, and this is really the only fine dining restaurant in town. If we could do it over again, we would have prepared dinner beforehand on our own and had a few drinks here to enjoy the wonderful music.

Monterey, California
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The resort was awesome but the food at this restaurant was so so. Stick to the local fish and ingredients and try not to be so artistic with flavors. Some just don't go together.

Denver, Colorado
“Opted out.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We decided not to eat here after we saw the prices ($25.00+) a were going to be charged $10.00 to split an entree. Thought we would try the lounge for better pricing but it was the same menu. They seemto think they have a captive audience..

Winnipeg
“A Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

For our first night in Hana we thought we would treat ourselves to a nice dinner out at the Travaasa. Initialy our waiter was attentive. I asked for his opinion and he recommended the warm goat cheese salad. I ultimately chose this salad to go with my steak (I like to have my salad with my main instead of the standard veg). The salad consisted of 3 slices of tomato, 1 slice of goat cheese and a small tuft of micro greens (all $19 worth), hardly a nice complement to the steak. My husband and I both had the steaks and both were very overcooked. Once I indicated this to the waiter, he virtually disappeared until it was time to give us the bill. The manager did come over and agreed with our concerns and offered to have another cooked up for us. The service was slow to begin with, we we said no to the offer. On another note, the wines on the menu are very expensive - our choice was 4 times the price in the store. I expect to pay 2 - 3 tiimes the cost in a restaurant, but 4 times is a little much. If you want fine dining, wait til you get back to Kahului or elsewhere on the island.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Best Breakfast in town - Chelsea was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

When you can find a killer breakfast, you definitely want to share it. We opted to avoid a road side stand for our morning meal, we ate outdoors the rest of our stay however. The hotel restaurant had great choices and generous portions at reasonable prices. We ate right when the restaurant opened at 7:30a. We were seated immediately and welcomed by Chelsea our server. She offered us coffee right away and I was happy to see they offered French press with local coffee. I did love that she asks how we took our coffee so she didn't waste cream if we didn't drink it. Everything was perfect when it arrived. We had the Eggs Benedict, subbing ham for smoked salmon, as offered on the menu. We also had second plate of 2 eggs, crisp thick cut bacon and there special take on home fries (yukon gold, fingerling potatoes with maui onions, seasoned to perfection. Toast was white, wheat or rye, which I chose. The bread was local and thick cut, served with butter and an offering of local jam on the side. Chelsea was extremely nice, knowledgeable and quick to delver the extras we asked for. Sitting in cozy chairs overlooking Hana bay was the icing on the scone.

Visited October 2012