“Best ice cream on the planet!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Hana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Dessert, Ice Cream
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Best ice cream on the planet!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This stop was probably one of the most unexpected little stands we have ever been too. We come to Maui often and have stopped at lots of the roadside stands on the Hana side of the island. Glen's is AMAZING to say the least.

He has coconuts, pours fresh water from the coconut, but the piece de resistance is the Vegan Coconut Ice Cream. It is all made with coconut water and no dairy and you would never guess that its not regular ice cream. This stuff rivals every premium ice cream out there. It is the best ice cream I have ever had and I love ice cream and have had it all over the world.

First off, you would never know its vegan. My honey is lactose intolerant so he usually can't eat ice cream and he loved it and had no issues. The texture is perfect, its nice and firm and solid and the flavor is wonderful. I got the chocolate chocolate, which is basically chocolate with tiny chocolate chips. You don't even taste the coconut in this flavor, but I also tasted the Lilikoi which was very refreshing and so good as well.

This guy needs to get set up with all the restaurants on the island, he kicks Lapperts booty.

They also have the best, again yes the best, coconut candy. Its not overly sweet like many are and is very addicting While we were there several people came in to get served and said this was their second and third trip that day!! I see why, we are planning on making repeat visits while we are here for sure.

Prices are fair, you get a good amount of ice cream served up in a half coconut, we had enough to share between us. One word of warning on the coconut water. They serve it out of the coconut they will offer you a can. This can is a community used giant coffee can, so you may want to bring a cup or just go fot it jungle style out of the coconut.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great coconut ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Everything stood out, including this hut off the side of the road! Cute little hand painted parking signs, and hand painted store sign caught my attention. I pulled in and decided to try a little ice cream! WOW!!!! So many flavors rolling around in my mouth! I got pineapple coconut, my daughter loved it so much she got some too, my other daughter likes to try different things, so she got coffee toffee, it was great! The pineapple coconut had fresh pieces of pineapple in it and was soooooo creamy, the coffee toffee has ground up coffee beans and bits of toffee! Every bite was a delight! The only problem I had here was the portion! For 5 dollars and a little cup, it was disappointing. The shelled coconut bowl would defenanatly keep the hippie/gypsy genra going!
If you are looking for ice cream with milk, keep going, as it clearly states vegan on their sign. If not and you want to try something different and yummy, why not stop, it's worth a try!

Elk Grove, California
“What a place...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the stops I wanted to make along the Hana trip...because I love coconut and I love a good story. Coconut Glen's story is pretty cool in fact. Look it up. Anyway, the vibe here is relaxed...I loved the eclectic decorations. I felt like we had stumbled upon a little piece of the movie "Wanderlust". See the movie, go here and you'll know what I mean.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Awesome ice cream, we rang the dong!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Glen is a cool guy; started selling coconut's on the side of the road and ended up with this little business. The icecream is superb, we tried 6 flavors!

• Visited March 2013
Washington, Virginia
“Vegan coconut icecream was yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The fact it had no milk but was still creamy was thrilling. So was the coconut cup and spoon. There was a huge lilikoi tree in the front and a lot of fruit fell on the ground. I got to pick many to make sure lilikoi flavored water with honey :-)

Visited January 2013