“Great food, great price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Braddah Hutt's BBQ (roadside stand)

Braddah Hutt's BBQ (roadside stand)
Ocean side of Hana way (State Hwy. 330), Hana, Maui, HI 96713
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Hana
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Description: The best plate lunch on Maui! Delicious chicken, pork, steaks (when available), fish tacos, shrimp pasta and more. Reasonably priced and huge portions including rice and macaroni salad. I've never tasted juicier, more flavorful meats. It's where all the locals eat!
Portland, Oregon
“Great food, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We did a tour of Hana and this is where we were taken for lunch, as we pulled in I was a bit skeptical of the camper that had been converted into a BBQ joint. As soon as we got our food, all skepticism went away. The portions were great and the BBQ pork ribs were one of the best meals I had all week. The prices were great as well, $9 - $14 for a huge lunch. Go early as they started to run out of food while we were there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nashville, Tennessee
“Good food on the road to Hana, easy, no muss no fuss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

First, this is not a sit-down restaurant. This is a roach coach on the side of the road (and yes, it has a Health Inspection certificate right over the ordering window, I even peeked inside, it was as clean as any other small restaurant we saw in Maui). They have a couple tent-covered picnic tables outside. They have only a few entree' choices: BBQ Chicken, Pork, and Steak, Pasta with shrimp (and a few others), and fish tacos.

My wife ordered the Shrimp pasta - LOTS of cheese, a fair amount of shrimp, and some good veggies, she enjoyed it (I thought it was "good", although not QUITE salty or garlicy enough for me, but I'm a serious Garlic and Salt-aholic). I had the BBQ chicken, rice, and a macaroni salad that came with it. There was a LOT of chicken (both portions were huge), and the flavoring was excellent. Not dripping with sauce, but enough to taste it. $10-12 for most entrees, $13 for the shrimp pasta.

The people eating the Fish tacos and other BBQ entree's while we were waiting for ours were raving. We did not, however, eat there. If you take your food to the car, leave the parking lot and turn left continuing on the Hana road, in about 1/4 mile there's a sign that says beaches to the left. Turn left there and go down the road another 1/4 mile and you'll come to a beach-front picnic area that's nearly abandoned. AWESOME ocean beach views while you eat your lunch and easy right back on the road.

Note: this is the LAST STOP FOR FOOD for many, many hours. The Hana road from this point forward becomes a gravely dirt-road single-lane mess of a road all the way back around for 35 more miles doing an average of 15 mph. I'm not joking, great scenery but you're going to wish you had stopped and eaten there.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Local Gem.. Best BBQ Pork Ever Tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The reviews for braddahs were great so we checked it out. The BBQ pork was the best pork I have ever had. We originally were scared to order it due to the fact that it was a hunk of pork, and we were unsure if it would be tender. The pork was perfectly cooked, tender, and had a sweet glaze... Out of this world delicious would recommend to everyone

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maui, Hawaii
“Dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The foods not bad but I can not imagine the Health Dept. approving the facility...kind of scary. They have done some improvements so maybe they will eventually meet what should be considered normal health standards.

Visited June 2012
Hamilton Parish, Bermuda
“Best BBQ chicken ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We actually heard about Braddah Hutt's from a local. It is a small roadside stand once you reach the town of Hana. Look for it on the main road on the left hand side just past the main town. We got the BBQ chicken and the pork ribs. The BBQ chicken was sooooo juicy and delicious that I still dream about it months later. The pork ribs were also nice and tender. We also tried the fried bread, which was really good as well. If you drive the Road to Hana, you have to eat here!

Visited November 2012