“great tour guide bad food” 4 of 5 stars

808-661-8687
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 10 Activities in Hana
“great tour guide bad food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Tim was an amazing guide through the hana tour. he was very knowledgeable and made the trip fun. the breakfast was disappointing and so was the terrible picnic that was served as lunch. if it werent for tim being such a great guide it would have been a total waste of money.

Hewitt
11 attraction reviews
“This tour..A MUST!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

See the island of Maui in the comfort of a air conditioned mini bus. Our tour guide, Richard, AWSOME. He's a courteous and cautious driver. Believe me when I tell you, some of what they call roads, that I call foot paths, his skill comes in very handy!! I wouldn't have even walked some of those roads let alone bring a motor vehicle!

I was very surprised with lunch, wasn't expecting much but it was good. What impressed me was that it was served on plates with real silverware rather than paper plates, plastic forks and knives. There is so much to see on this beautiful island, this tour is the one to take. Sit back, relax and let Richard do the driving and talking! He has so much information to give you.

“The Perfect Day!!:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our first trip to Maui but our third time in Hawaii. My mom and I always enjoy our stay and make sure we pack in a lot of events. But this was by far THE BEST TOUR EVER!!! Our tour guide Charlie was awesome! Very informative and absolutely hilarious. We were laughing the whole time!!:)
The sights were beautiful, the stops were fun and lunch was great!
This was honestly the best day of our whole week. We would definitely do it again!
Thanks again to Charlie for making our day so memorable.

Sincerely, Marianna

Visited March 2013
Katoomba, Australia
“Awesome scenery-- pity about the Guide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

It must have been my misfortune to encounter the driver/guide, Kekoa on this incredible bus tour.
His role as guide did not live up to expectation. He obviously did not enjoy his job and most certainly was not a peoples person, lacked personality and was morose. He did not go out of his way to communicate with the 9 pax in tour group. Even to the point where he did not fraternise with the other Valley Isles Excursion bus drivers during stops. His response to any questions was monosylabalic . Kekoa's negative attitude created an unpleasant atmosphere. We were all envious of the other tour groups with their "lively, involved" Guides. For Kekoa to have expected a tip at the end could not be justified -- just an insult!!
The tour content was excellent other than The Winery was disappointing, American style breakfast was very unappealing. Lunch was reasonable but too strictly portioned controlled. Servings too small and surely there would not have been great extra cost in preparing a few more pieces of chicken!! Such penny pinching when the tour was not cheap. The Bus was extremely comfortable, the variation in terrain /scenery was incredible . It gave a wonderful overview of such a diverse Island. Shall recommend to others but hopefully avoid Kekoa.

Visited March 2013
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Ernie (our tour guide) and the Valley Isle Excursions made our trip a once in a lifetime experience. I had considered driving this route and in hindsight am very glad I didn't. As a driver you will miss things as you white knuckle your way around the island. I drive for work and this loop around the island will either give you a heart attack or you will end up in divorce court. Valley Isle (Ernie) deliver as promised and more. He knew every plant, tree, and nuance along the way. Additionally, his humor and attitude made us laugh and enhanced our trip. This was an 11 hour day, but I don't know how one could spend time on Maui and not do this. This was or should be a "bucket list" experience and it was for us. It is a long day and I would think very young children might be a bit restless. Mahalo Ernie !