“Fabulous Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Federal Way, Washington
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

You do not expect to find a restaurant like this in a small place like Haiku. Only wish we had gone there earlier in our stay, as it was 2 out of the last 3 nights had to do. Great food and wait staff. Go when they open as within 30-45 minutes the small restaurant is full with folks waiting. It's so good, I'd drive from the south side just to eat here.

Visited February 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Quality Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed in Paia for our honeymoon and - as a huge fan of sushi - I was on a quest. Our hotel recommended Nuka. I was very pleased. I had the Nuka roll, salmon sushi, and salmon sashimi. Not much else to say other than you should definitely check it out!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wailuku, Hawaii
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Our first time last evening at Nuka. Executive Chef Hiro Takanashi has outdone himself. We had a large variety of foods between the four of us. For the two of us that have significant food issues, they were more than accommodating. Loved it. No reservations so you might have to wait but it is totally worth it. We will go back often. The flavors and variety of offerings are wonderful and the service was spot on perfect. Next time we will sit at the sushi bar to gain the experience of watching a master chef at work. Mahalo for a great night.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Avila, CA
“An average Japanese Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband had the tempura shrimp Udon and found it tasteless. It only had three shrimps. I had the eggplant (which I did not like) and the scallops in a creamy sauce, which was good but had mostly mushrooms and almost no scallops. This restaurant would not be successful anywhere else.

Visited January 2014
Haiku, HI
“I love this place! Hiro is an awesome sushi chef.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We are so happy to have NUKA in Haiku, the food is delicious!! :)
Loved the ahi tataki, and the eggplant miso, the salads are always great. I always run into friends there and its got a great vibe.

• Visited January 2014