“The way and place to start from Hana” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hale Akua Garden Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haiku
Hale Akua Garden Farm
Special Price
Summer Discounts! 30% off
Ranked #5 of 9 Haiku B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“The way and place to start from Hana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a great time stay in Hale Akua Garden Farm which located in the mile 4 of famous Hana highway for 3 days in August. We want to thank managers for all the arrangement made for us and their hospitality in welcoming us. Our family enjoys this place and we woke up in the morning hearing the sound from trees and birds, cooked in the open kitchen… and enjoying driving twice on beautiful Hana highway so that we just don’t have time to enjoy Farm’s swimming pool, Jacuzzi, and hammock, to tour the gardens and main house, etc … Your farm is definitely a hidden paradise in Hana, hopefully we can come back again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Haiku, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This place is magical! Lush, beautiful grounds, temple-like rooms, clothing optional hot tub, sauna and chemical-free pool, lovely staff, total peace and quiet. I was invited to join friends for two nights the day I moved here to Maui; it was the perfect landing spot! Rather remote = gorgeous night skies. Not too humid as there were refreshing breezes, not many mosquitos, solid wifi... I didn't want to leave. I'm definitely going back with people who come to visit me here in Maui!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I recently attended a 3 day workshop at the most magical location I have ever visited in Hawaii. It is a few miles outside of Paia on the Hana Highway. Hale Akua Garden Farm sits on the cliffs overlooking the ocean and has spectacular views with waterfalls cascading down at several of the overlooks. I shared a cottage with a friend that was elegantly appointed and comfortable. Among the other amenities: a hot tub and sauna, a clear water swimming pool and a yoga studio. The grounds are lush yet groomed. The whole property has exquisite pools with thoughtfully placed statuary further augmenting a quiet and reverential ambience. The staff is the aloha spirit in action—honestly, more than responsive and respectful; they are genuinely both intelligent and kind. The workshop had so many speakers, the break-out sessions spilled over into the various houses and rooms available for guests and groups of all sizes scattered over the retreat center property. Each new one I visited I couldn’t help but think---this looks like the perfect location to settle in for a couple of weeks and imbibe the unsullied healing and intoxicating energies of the islands which are alive and well in this out of the way location. They also have a state of the art organic garden that provides fresh vegetables to local restaurants which are available for sale. This place is a hidden treasure.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We miss Hale Akua Garden Farm so much! Our stay here was perfect. The place was picked out to suit mum (we all had our pick during 23 days of travel in America). But it's not only mum who has decided she needs to go back one day. It was a nice car ride to get there and we enjoyed the beautiful grounds and the pools all to ourselves. The view from the whirlpool was breathtaking. It is a place which is taken great care of. It is a luxurious feeling to move around such beautiful grounds. It has a tranquil, friendly feeling to it. Everything was to our liking. We also enjoyed a educational tour around the farm with the devoted farm manager Jonathan. Our children learned a lot about agricultural gardening which they found interesting (to our surprise!) And mum had a great yoga lesson one of the mornings. We're so happy we tried out the less touristic side of Maui.

Room Tip: Pick the house by the pool: The Cabana House
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Martinez, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My sweetie and I stayed at Hale Akua Garden Farm for four days. It was lovely and relaxing. We stayed in the Jasmine Suite, a gorgeous private suite that’s part of the Pali Uli property, maybe 50-feet away from the main property. The queen-size bed looks out at a beautiful garden, lily pond and Asian-art statue and small private hot tub. A few feet past the walkway is a private deck with lounge chairs looking out at the ocean. We loved that Jasmine has a fully-equipped kitchen and a shower big enough for two. ☺

We stopped at Mana Foods in Paia on the way there (about a half-an-hour drive) and bought most of the food we needed to cook in the room. In addition to being an eco-retreat and bed & breakfast, Hale Akua is also a certified organic farm, so we were able to purchase some organic greens grown right there.

We relaxed in a hot tub on the main property with a gorgeous view of the ocean framed by the vee of the valley and the blue sky by day and stars by night.

We explored the property, walking along small, flowered paths and on broad stretches of lawn, with a couple of hammocks nestled in the trees. We also visited the farm itself and met up with some WWOOFers (young volunteers who intern on organic farms) who were happy to tell us about what was growing.

After my honey left, I stayed on for a three-day conference, so I moved to a shared room, the Cabana Lotus. It was comfortable for three of us, overlooks the saltwater pool and has it’s own bathroom and outdoor (mostly private) shower. No kitchen, so I used a community refrigerator near the main meeting room to store snacks.

The conference general sessions were held in the Yoga Room (general meeting room) and was comfortable for over forty people. There are a couple of “public” restrooms nearby, so I didn’t have to go back to my room to freshen up. Thankfully, the wi-fi range was strong so I could be easily connected to the “rest of my life” as needed.

Conference breakout sessions were held in various rooms, including the Waterfall House — a beautiful residence with a high ceiling, luxurious and large. We met in the lovely central meeting/lounging area with comfy bean bag cushions and beautiful art on the walls and floors.

The community kitchen/dining room was large enough for I'd guess thirty people; however, many of us, myself included, ate outside either at poolside tables or in a covered courtyard adjacent to the kitchen. Walking to the community kitchen I loved passing by a beautiful water lotus pond with a mini-waterfall and took lots of photos.

Beautiful Asian-art sculptures are sprinkled thoughtfully throughout the properties, inside rooms and outside on the grounds. It’s really sweet to be walking along and suddenly come across a statue of Hindu lovers or a nestled-in-the-foliage Buddha.

Sindhu in the office and all the support staff accommodated all our requests and needs in a timely way with professionalism and genuine joy. I'd go back again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

What a beautiful place, fresh organic produce every day, lush setting, nice people, The Jasmine suite is spectacular just love it can't wait to go back! There are many private areas for resting and rejeuvenating

Room Tip: something for every level of traveler
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Hale Akua Garden Farm is tucked away on the hillside in Haiku, Hawaii on the island of Maui. It is about a half hour from the airport on the winding Hana Road. You pass a number of forested and agricultural areas before you come to tropical paradise of Hale Akua. It is lush with exotic foliage and a fascinating enviornment. You feel like you're entering a luxuriant resort with an Asian/Indonesian motif. There are steamy hot tubs, a pool, comfortable rooms, gathering places with a kitchen and meeting rooms, all in addition to the grand view of the ocean. I visited in December with my husband and had an experience I will never forget. Even in ther winter, the weather was warm, sometimes rainy, but just minutes away from a sunny, sandy beach. The resort is also an organic farm tended to by a dedicated crew of environmentally-oriented young people. It fits into the alternative, bohemian atmosphere of Maui. You are just minutes away from a grocery, beautiful scenery along Hana including spectacular waterfalls, and the Haleakalā volcano attraction. We had a truly magical vacation that could not be duplicated anywhere. I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hale Akua Garden Farm? Share your experiences!