“A great place to spend time and a great base for seeing upcountry” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast

and 1 more site!
You added Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast
555 Haiku Road, Haiku, Maui, HI 96708   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Haiku B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“A great place to spend time and a great base for seeing upcountry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had an excellent visit here. It's a unique place with a long history. Sandy, the owner, appreciates the history and cares for the property with enthusiasm. We felt very much at home and enjoyed chatting with other guests. Grounds are large and invite relaxation.

It's close to Haleakala and to the Hana Road area - and well-away from the resort beach areas. The "other" Mau'i. Do consider staying here. Sandy has been in the travel field for many years and has lots of suggestions about where to eat, what to do, etc.

Also close to Pa'ia and Makawao. Less than 30 mins to Kahului Airport so it's central for many things (away from West Mau'i).

We want to come back.

Room Tip: Look at the videos on the website to see what's there. Not all rooms have the same bed types.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MauiTravels, Owner at Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
It is a great time of year to enjoy the fresh fruits from the winter / fall garden. Maui oranges, avocado, pink sweet grapefruit, tangerines, bananas and coconuts are all ripe and ready to enjoy. All grown here on the property. Or course fresh pineapple and papaya grown locally make a lovely addition to the breakfast table.

Mahalo once more for staying with us and we truly do appreciate and value all our guests as we know you have choices here on the island. We try to bring the true sense of Aloha spirit as we welcome travelers into our home and do ask you to treat it as your own while here. We hope to see you two again soon on another trip to this wonderful island!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Probably the best B&B I have ever seen! - With lots of extras (snorkeling gear, beach chairs, infos etc.), not mentioning the jacuzzi, the well-equipped kitchen and the super setup. The personel is helpful, friendly but you can do your own thing if you feel like it. Basically, it is more like a small, very luxurios hotel with a private feel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Aloha and Mahalo: and we do appreciate the time it takes to make comments and reviews. Thank you again for such excellent comments about our bed and breakfast. We do work very hard and take pride in our place and love sharing the home and area with everyone. It is a pleasure to be able to assist travelers with local knowledge and spend time here at the house with them as well. We do provide beach equipment and please don't forget to let us know when you are heading up to the crater for an early morning sunrise. If we know in advance the night prior I can set up a to go breakfast with muffins, cliff bars, etc. with hot coffee to go and a warm blanket! It gets cold up there with wind and chill.
Arcadia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Wow, what can I say but the Haiku Plantation is like a little Eden with the kitschy mix of vintage Hawaiian pictures, furnishings, lamps, knick knacks. Spent my first 20 minutes just walking around to look at the amazing pieces the Inn's owner has collected.

Comfy bed with calm colors and a claw foot tub. Outside grounds are lush and gorgeous.

Breakfast the next morning was delicious and has something for every taste. Amazing fruit juice, muffins, pastries, fresh fruit, coconut custard, coffee, tea. The granola I ate with milk like cereal was fabulous too and everything is served in adorable dishes and cups.

This historic building has several rooms to pick from and the others I peeked into were each furnished in their own unique style. Owner is a delight and I will return again next time I am in Maui.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any of the rooms I saw. Comfy bed in mine with its own bathroom.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed for three nights at the Haiku Plantation Inn and fell in love with the B&B, the town, and the local experience. Sandy was a wonderful hostess and made us feel at home before we even arrived. She opened up a few avenues for us that made us have an experience we will never forget.The property and the Inn were beautiful! Breakfast was great and I can't stop wishing I had some pog juice at home. If you like B&B's, you'll love the Haiku Plantation Inn!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful, unique and have their own bathroom!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MauiTravels, Owner at Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Aloha: I just wanted to say mahalo again to such wonderful guests and it was a pleasure to meet this couple and assist with their stay on the island. Our home draws such a lovely mix of guests who come most often because of the unique qualities of staying in an authentic plantation home of such vintage and age. We love the opportunity to allow island visitors the ability to experience the aloha within our community of friends and family here. Thank you to all our guests for such wonderful memories we share and their kind and continued thoughts for us on Maui.

A hui hou everyone and we look forward to many more years of sharing our home and community.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I made a mistake on my last review in February 2012. If you read the words, you'll know that I meant to give Sandy and the Haiku a 5 star rating, but I obviously gave a 1 star rating by mistake. I doubt that this will help, but I have to try, because this is the best of the best. This truly is my home on Maui--a quiet little piece of heaven is not an exaggeration.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We come back year after year, and have never been disappointed. This redone plantation doctor's house is filled with the magic of the "real Maui".

We always meet the nicest people at this B&B.

Sandy, the owner, is a wealth of knowledge about fun things to do on the island.

Be SURE to book your stay directly with Sandy and NOT Booking.com. Booking.com incorrectly told us the Inn was sold out when there was plenty of availability.

Room Tip: Our favorite has been the Aloha room, but the Haiku room is brand new.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nyack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I loved staying at the H.Inn - I called it my Maui home.

Great location - easy to find, near beach, great local restaurants, Paia(cute little town with local shops and awesome organic supermarket.) Yoga and meditation center right next door w/ nice little shop.

Clean and lovely inside, I loved my cozy room, even the tropical shampoo and conditioner in the shower had the touch of Hawaii... and the beautiful porch I'd hang out on was a mini tropical paradise for emails, tea, chatting with rain-forest vegetation for the eyes to feast on.

Sandy's great, always helpful with all her native knowledge of where to go and where not to
go on the island, what to do, and what to avoid. Breakfast was delightful, eating and sharing with people from all over the world added so much flavor and warmth to my stay.

Traveling solo, I loved when I went home to the Inn, wondering what new lovely people I'd meet...
Definitely going back! And I totally recommend it.!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!