We had an excellent visit here. It's a unique place with a long history. Sandy, the owner, appreciates the history and cares for the property with enthusiasm. We felt very much at home and enjoyed chatting with other guests. Grounds are large and invite relaxation.
It's close to Haleakala and to the Hana Road area - and well-away from the resort beach areas. The "other" Mau'i. Do consider staying here. Sandy has been in the travel field for many years and has lots of suggestions about where to eat, what to do, etc.
Also close to Pa'ia and Makawao. Less than 30 mins to Kahului Airport so it's central for many things (away from West Mau'i).
We want to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui's original bed and breakfast inn, located in the beautiful North Shore and Upcountry. Historic 1870's home, lovely guest rooms with baths, 2 tropical acres, near beaches, rain forests, crater summit, and all activities. Affordable accommodations, highly rated within guide books and travel magazines. Maui's truly Hawaiian destination, we even offer surf lessons. Permit #BBPH2009/07 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Hotel Haiku
- Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui b&b
- Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed And Breakfast