“Above and beyond” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Above and beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Amazing grounds, amazing service, amazing beach. This would be a great place for couples, very romantic. They also do a great job with families. It is a hard balance but they do a great job. I would take my kids here for sure and I would do a couples trip. There is only one pool but they are changing that and for the meantime it is still beautiful. Spinner dolphins in the morning and mai tai's in the afternoon. Perfect.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Staying at Manele Bay was a great experience. We arrived on a shuttle and were greeted in the reception with a glass of fresh juice. From start to end this resort was amazing. Most of the other islands are all about doing and adventuring, but Lana'i is a totally different experience, it's all about the relaxing and Manele Bay is the place to do it. One of my favorite things to do was to hang out on the beach and the staff makes it very enjoyable. They set up your chair and umbrella and periodically bring around cool wash clothes and spritzes to keep you cool. You can walk along the beach past the hotel, right up to sweetheart rock. Its a bit of a trek, but well worth it. We did have one issue with the Italian restaurant on site, but after speaking with management the next day our issue was more than resolved. They do offer a breakfast buffet, we would load up every morning and usually skip lunch there was so much offered. Make sure and try the fresh juice they serve, it was always different every day. The room was very well appointed and I loved the turndown service. This island is definitely more an adult experience, I'm not sure this is the island for a family vacation.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Beautiful resort. Stunning newly upgraded room with full width deck and floor to ceiling windows. Tropical forest setting, overlooking the beach. This is a perfect place to leave the world behind and decompress. Though it does have full internet access. Restaurants provide excellent food and service. Though breakfast for two can cost over $100. Staff always remember your name, and are always prepared to accommodate your needs. Well done Staff!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Every aspect of our experience was outstanding. Rooms, meals, service-Even better than expected! The new rooms are outstanding. I was here in 2009 and they have upped all levels of the resort since then (and it was beautiful then)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here a year or so ago (late review) but I was thinking about their service the other day so thought I should write up something! I normally do not like these large chain hotels, even a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, prefer a small boutique experience. Wanted to try a quiet island in Hawaii on a last minute trip, and heard how sleepy Lanai is, so gave it a try.
At the airport, I realized I forgot my prescription medication, and tried searching online to find a pharmacy on island to transfer my prescription to so I could fill it when we arrived. No pharmacy on island. Bad for this issue, but boding well that it would be a quiet island! Called the FS, and they worked it out! Had me transfer it to a pharmacy in Maui, and said they had people riding the ferry and someone would pick it up for me. As we arrived at the front of the hotel, our "man" was there, prescription in hand! I am sure there was a large charge for it, I don't really recall, but they did it and I was happy. Nice service, which one would expect at a Four Seasons or the like, but one does not always get that level of service even at the nice hotels. Great job.
Room was off on the side, so our view was not very good...peakaboo only, and really only if you went out and sat on the patio. Lobby had just been redone, and looked very nice in the giant grand sort of way one expects from these large high end hotels.
The best part was the beach, and swimming with the dolphins. Nice beach guys set up your umbrellas every day, brought you food, etc. Relaxing and mostly quiet, though the ferry from Maui comes in and the FS beach is right next to a big public park, but it was tame and not super crazy like some beaches/parks can get. The FS up in the hills near town is nice but TOTALLY different experience...cold and woodsy, not beachy, hard to believe you are in Hawaii up there. Very "old" Hawaii in town, though I have heard that has changed quite a bit already, that the funky grocery store with fishing lures is more upscale now, etc. Meal at the old hotel in town (forget the name) was great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Charles F, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Lana'i at Manele Bay, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Aloha,

Mahalo for sharing your review with us! We also thank you for sharing your service anecdote – personalized service is something we strive to achieve daily. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at the beach and were able to also experience the Lodge at Koele and Lana’i City. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and mahalo again for sharing.

A Hui Hou,

Charles Fisher
Resort Manager
Charles.Fisher@fourseasons.com
Armonk, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Four Seasons Resort Lana'i at Manele Bay is a world class resort. My wife and I spent three nights in a gorgeous room that overlooked beautiful gardens and had a small view of the Pacific Ocean. We loved our stay and yet, the resort is only going to get better.

Let me begin by stating that my wife and I usually stay in 5-star hotels like those of Relais and Chateaux or Aman. For the most part I consider Four Seasons a step down from those smaller and more intimate places, but that was certainly not the case in Manele Bay.

Our room had recently gone through a renovation and the result was wonderful. Our room was spacious and tastefully decorated. The linens and towels were first-rate and the soaps, shampoo, etc was top of the line and provided a nice touch. Our bed was super-comfortable and the gigantic flat screen HDTV was nice to have. It seemed like the entire staff knew us by name and everyone went out of their way to help us. The restaurants at the Four Seasons provided us with excellent cuisine. We enjoyed dinner at each of the three restaurants and found the food, service and ambiance exceptional. Breakfasts were very good with a wide selection of choices (and all of this coming from a New York City foodie).

We were told that the hotel is about to close (from the end of June until November/December) while two new swimming pools are added and the renovation of the lobby and all of the other rooms are completed. We would love to return when this resort reopens, but we also felt our stay earlier this week was very special. We were very glad that we came to Lana'i and stayed at the Four Seasons Manele Bay. My wife and I found the island to be charming and all of its inhabitants to be very friendly and engaging. If you are planning a trip to Hawaii and want to do some island hopping, you should put Lana'i and the Four Seasons at the top of your list for consideration.

Room Tip: We stayed in 4571 and we were very happy with it.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A big thank you to the hotel staff for making our honeymoon incredibly special. We stayed at the Four Seasons Maui for a week and then ended our honeymoon with a 4-day trip to the Lanai Four Seasons. They are very different experiences and wonderful in their own ways.

Following my first day at the hotel, I noticed a couple of small things there were a little off as far as the service and so I decided to share that feedback with Charles (hotel manager). He was so sincere about making sure that our experience was top notch and the following 3 days were truly impeccable. The beach staff especially was exceptional, from taking us snorkeling to attending to our every need throughout the day. The fresh juice bar along with a selection of any breakfast item you could want, was a great way to start each morning.

The property is great as it is (I can't wait to see what it will be like following their upcoming renovation). Following a more active few days in Maui, the Lanai Four Seasons was the perfect complement to be able to just relax, unwind and enjoy the lap of luxury.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Aloha,

Congratulations again on your wedding and mahalo for celebrating your honeymoon with us here on Lana’i. I am personally delighted that our team was able to make the three days everything that you were hoping for on your honeymoon! I will be glad to pass along the kudos to our beach team for your experience with them. We completely agree that Lana’i is the perfect way to relax and unwind. We look forward to welcoming you back for an anniversary trip in the future. It was great to meet you while on property and we thank you for sharing your time with us.

Warmest Regards,

Charles Fisher
Resort Manager
Charles.Fisher@fourseasons.com

Been to Four Seasons Resort Lana'i at Manele Bay? Share your experiences!