“Amazing Incentive Trip for customers and top employees” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lanai City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Peterborough, New Hampshire, United States
“Amazing Incentive Trip for customers and top employees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Every aspect of our experience was outstanding. Rooms, meals, service-Even better than expected! The new rooms are outstanding. I was here in 2009 and they have upped all levels of the resort since then (and it was beautiful then)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here a year or so ago (late review) but I was thinking about their service the other day so thought I should write up something! I normally do not like these large chain hotels, even a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, prefer a small boutique experience. Wanted to try a quiet island in Hawaii on a last minute trip, and heard how sleepy Lanai is, so gave it a try.
At the airport, I realized I forgot my prescription medication, and tried searching online to find a pharmacy on island to transfer my prescription to so I could fill it when we arrived. No pharmacy on island. Bad for this issue, but boding well that it would be a quiet island! Called the FS, and they worked it out! Had me transfer it to a pharmacy in Maui, and said they had people riding the ferry and someone would pick it up for me. As we arrived at the front of the hotel, our "man" was there, prescription in hand! I am sure there was a large charge for it, I don't really recall, but they did it and I was happy. Nice service, which one would expect at a Four Seasons or the like, but one does not always get that level of service even at the nice hotels. Great job.
Room was off on the side, so our view was not very good...peakaboo only, and really only if you went out and sat on the patio. Lobby had just been redone, and looked very nice in the giant grand sort of way one expects from these large high end hotels.
The best part was the beach, and swimming with the dolphins. Nice beach guys set up your umbrellas every day, brought you food, etc. Relaxing and mostly quiet, though the ferry from Maui comes in and the FS beach is right next to a big public park, but it was tame and not super crazy like some beaches/parks can get. The FS up in the hills near town is nice but TOTALLY different experience...cold and woodsy, not beachy, hard to believe you are in Hawaii up there. Very "old" Hawaii in town, though I have heard that has changed quite a bit already, that the funky grocery store with fishing lures is more upscale now, etc. Meal at the old hotel in town (forget the name) was great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Charles F, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Lana'i at Manele Bay, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Aloha,

Mahalo for sharing your review with us! We also thank you for sharing your service anecdote – personalized service is something we strive to achieve daily. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at the beach and were able to also experience the Lodge at Koele and Lana’i City. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and mahalo again for sharing.

A Hui Hou,

Armonk, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Four Seasons Resort Lana'i at Manele Bay is a world class resort. My wife and I spent three nights in a gorgeous room that overlooked beautiful gardens and had a small view of the Pacific Ocean. We loved our stay and yet, the resort is only going to get better.

Let me begin by stating that my wife and I usually stay in 5-star hotels like those of Relais and Chateaux or Aman. For the most part I consider Four Seasons a step down from those smaller and more intimate places, but that was certainly not the case in Manele Bay.

Our room had recently gone through a renovation and the result was wonderful. Our room was spacious and tastefully decorated. The linens and towels were first-rate and the soaps, shampoo, etc was top of the line and provided a nice touch. Our bed was super-comfortable and the gigantic flat screen HDTV was nice to have. It seemed like the entire staff knew us by name and everyone went out of their way to help us. The restaurants at the Four Seasons provided us with excellent cuisine. We enjoyed dinner at each of the three restaurants and found the food, service and ambiance exceptional. Breakfasts were very good with a wide selection of choices (and all of this coming from a New York City foodie).

We were told that the hotel is about to close (from the end of June until November/December) while two new swimming pools are added and the renovation of the lobby and all of the other rooms are completed. We would love to return when this resort reopens, but we also felt our stay earlier this week was very special. We were very glad that we came to Lana'i and stayed at the Four Seasons Manele Bay. My wife and I found the island to be charming and all of its inhabitants to be very friendly and engaging. If you are planning a trip to Hawaii and want to do some island hopping, you should put Lana'i and the Four Seasons at the top of your list for consideration.

Room Tip: We stayed in 4571 and we were very happy with it.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A big thank you to the hotel staff for making our honeymoon incredibly special. We stayed at the Four Seasons Maui for a week and then ended our honeymoon with a 4-day trip to the Lanai Four Seasons. They are very different experiences and wonderful in their own ways.

Following my first day at the hotel, I noticed a couple of small things there were a little off as far as the service and so I decided to share that feedback with Charles (hotel manager). He was so sincere about making sure that our experience was top notch and the following 3 days were truly impeccable. The beach staff especially was exceptional, from taking us snorkeling to attending to our every need throughout the day. The fresh juice bar along with a selection of any breakfast item you could want, was a great way to start each morning.

The property is great as it is (I can't wait to see what it will be like following their upcoming renovation). Following a more active few days in Maui, the Lanai Four Seasons was the perfect complement to be able to just relax, unwind and enjoy the lap of luxury.

Aloha,

Congratulations again on your wedding and mahalo for celebrating your honeymoon with us here on Lana’i. I am personally delighted that our team was able to make the three days everything that you were hoping for on your honeymoon! I will be glad to pass along the kudos to our beach team for your experience with them. We completely agree that Lana’i is the perfect way to relax and unwind. We look forward to welcoming you back for an anniversary trip in the future. It was great to meet you while on property and we thank you for sharing your time with us.

Warmest Regards,

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From the moment you arrive at the resort - the entire team works to ensure your every comfort and expectation is exceeded! The newly renovated rooms are a technical wonder - from the dark out shades, room lighting and the amazing Toto toilet.

The property is beautifully landscaped and immaculate. The food is nothing short of great in each and every restaurant. (Nobu exceptional) The spa staff worked wonders. But what is truly amazing and outstanding about the resort is the staff! Everyone stops to speak, to say Aloha or a greeting as you walk anywhere within the resort. Most spoke to us by name within an hour of our arrival. We met the resort manager upon check-in and the resort ambassadors are gracious beyond measure. Erin the front desk manager made it her responsibility to ensure we were well attended.

The property has a beautiful view of the bay - the beach staff will set up chairs, umbrellas and even a fishing pole. (Jay) did an excellent job of trying to help my husband shoreline fish - again a request that was met with speed and enthusiasm - in other words they made it happen when we asked.

The island is peaceful and the resort maintains that calm and serenity. I have always believed and openly stated that nothing bad ever happens at a Four Seasons and now I would amend that statement to say IF by chance anything bad or even slightly bad happens the staff at the Four Seasons Resort Lanai will bend over backwards to make it right.

I wouldn't question IF you should go to this property but rather WHEN should or can you go!!! We were there to celebrate a special birthday with family and we all left feeling like royalty! Kudos to Charles and the entire resort team!! We'll be back!

Room Tip: Newly renovated rooms are fabulous but soon all the rooms will be completed and there's not a ba...
Green Features: Very good and detailed information available online
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Lovely hotel and wonderful service. A great place for a special anniversary! We were upgraded to a partial ocean view room - quite a nice surprise. We dined in all 3 restaurants and enjoyed the breakfast at 140 - amazing selection. The construction did not bother us a bit, but we were there over the weekend so not as evident.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We came here for our aniversay and had a great stay. The beach was amazing and the food was superb. The newly renovated rooms are the nicest I have stayed in. The renovatons are really paying off for this hotel.

Aloha,

Happy Anniversary and thank you for spending such a memorable time with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience on Lanai – specifically the beach, food and rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back for more anniversaries in the future. Mahalo for sharing your review with us.

A Hui Hou,

Charles.Fisher@fourseasons.com

Been to Four Seasons Resort Lana'i at Manele Bay? Share your experiences!