the only reason i gave this hotel 4 stars out of 5 is because there were way too many kids here, and there is only one pool. If you are a couple that wants to be away from kids do not go here. Instead go to the four seasons kona on the big island where there are multiple pools with a no kids option.
the service at this hotel is amazing. all of the staff treat you so well. They are friendly, respectful, and courteous and always want to make sure that you are comfortable and have everything you need. the guys that work the towels and umbrellas at the pool work very hard. they are there to adjust your umbrella every time you just start to think about wanting to move it. They beat you to it, and often will move your umbrella or chair into the perfect position. they do this even if you don't want to get up!
the hotel has good restaurants as well. we enjoyed both nobu and 140, which you can read my reviews. we did not eat at the italian restaurant. We ate breakfast and lunch at the pool. the service was good every time.
the hotel offers a shuttle service to take you from the pier to the hotel, or the hotel to up country where the lodge and the town is. this is very easy to use and somewhat convenient as it runs every 30 or 60 minutes depending on the time and day. its nice to check out the other hotel as well as the town. you can charge items at the lodge to your room at manele bay which is convenient.
the room was large and had a great oceanview. however the room was a little far from the pool area. it was a long walk which isn't a big deal, but a little inconvenient if you forgot something. however, given the service, i'm sure someone would have walked to my room to get whatever i wanted, if i had asked.
overall, i recommend if you don't mind a bunch of kids at the pool / beach. it is vey nice and very relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i at Manele Bay is the quintessential Hawaiian beach resort. Overlooking a protected marine preserve, Manele Bay is a romantic retreat with championship golf and some of the finest offerings of water sports in the world. Al fresco dining options abound, from Pacific Rim to Italian cuisine, while spinner dolphins and whale watching are sights to behold. Pampering spa treatments and pool and beach side amenities make for a perfect day under the sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Lana'i at Manele Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Lana`i At Manele Bay
- Four Seasons Resort Lana`i At Manele Bay Hotel Lanai City
- Four Seasons Manele Bay
- Four Seasons Lanai City
- Lanai City Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i At Manele Bay Lanai, Hawaii