“Kitty heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

Alexandria, VA
3 attraction reviews
“Kitty heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a must-do when visiting Lanai. I'm a devoted lover of cats, and had heard of the cat sanctuary before my trip and decided to schedule it into our vacation. What fun- an hour of kitty love when I was away from my own kitties on vacation. This place is a cat paradise- trees, grasses, cubby holes, benches, suspended walkways- it's as if a cat designed the rescue center! My own two pampered princesses would love to spend time here- exploring the great outdoors and living like little lions. All the cats were friendly and seemed so happy- you'll leave happy, too. Kathy has done a remarkable job caring for the cats of Lanai. This place is really inspiring.

Coppell, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Worth a return visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We visited LARC when we were on Lanai in the fall of 2012, and returned during our visit in fall of 2013. The cats are so welcoming, as are their human subjects. If you need a kitty fix while on vacation, or have a little time available to "socialize" some kitties, make sure LARC is on your list of places to visit!

Sanford
“Amazing place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I think this is a must to do when you are visiting Lanai. Short drive outside of town, the cats are well taken care of, and as we found out, look forward to attention from new people. As I cat lover, it was great to be able to see and interact with so many cats of all ages, colors and sizes.

Gilroy, California
“Cat Haven A Must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family really enjoyed the cat rescue center. Approximately 350 cats, many who come right up to be pet when you enter. We are cat lovers, but my husband is allergic so I don't get cat love very often. This is a must visit for animal lovers. We ended up sponsoring a kitten and buying several tshirts as gifts. This is a unique place and we will certainly be returning.

Visited July 2013
Kailua, Hawaii
“Awe Inspiring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have been a cat lover all my life and have been and volunteered for many shelters. The Lanai animal rescue center is wonderful. They are providing a clean, safe and loving environment for all their cats.
My twins and I will return to volunteer and hopefully adopt a kitty or two........
karen u