“we loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Book a Tour
Ranked #2 of 9 Activities in Lanai City
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide ocean activities with island hospitality for people staying on the island of Lana'i. If you are looking to visit Lana'i for the day from Maui please go to our sister company Trilogy Excursions. Lana'i offers world famous SCUBA diving and snorkeling with consistent 100+ ft visibility, underwater lava tubes to explore and an amazing dramatic sea cliff coastline scattered with old Hawaiian burial caves and homestead platforms (all visible from the boat). We offer a 2-tank boat dive which regularly visits 1st Cathedrals dive site, which is just 5 minutes outside of the Harbor. We only take out small groups and keep a 6:1 passenger to Dive Master ratio. We also offer snorkel trips, sunset sails and mammal searches (exploring the coastline looking for spinner dolphins and depending on the time of year humpback whales). We also offer SNUBA and Discover SCUBA diving off Hulopo'e beach week days only.
Newport, Rhode Island
6 attraction reviews
“we loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The snorkeling on the Triology was one of the highlights of our trip.
The crew on the boat was great, very professional but also a lot of fun.
If we are ever in Maui again we would do be sure to book another adventure on the Triology.

Thanks Triology for a great time.

Visited August 2012

New York
3 attraction reviews
“Solid if not spectacular for first and second cathedral dives Lanai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We did a double tank dive out of the Four Seasons Manele Bay with Trilogy, who was the only option offered by the hotel. While the dive instructors were good and friendly, it was pretty expensive and didn't have any of the extra trimmings that really enhance the scuba experience. That said the cathedral dives are pretty spectacular and overall it was definitely worthwhile.

As a frequent scuba diver, you learn that the little things about the boat and what's included drastically change the experience. A nearby operator on the Big Island, Kona Dive Company, set the bar for me in this regard. They had trail mix, brownies, gourmet wraps, hot cocoa, tea, books about the sea life, funny and informative dive intros, and a newer boat with plenty of room. By contrast, trilogy had a small boat and some basic deli sandwiches. You had to flip over the side to get in the water which was a little uncomfortable. The instructor was very competent but didn't offer much in the way of identifying sea life or embellishing the dive.

We dove the First and Second cathedral sites, which were both just spectacular (you can let them know which dive you want to go on). The underwater architecture is like nothing I've seen, and you get to swim right through the caverns. We even saw a sleeping shark! The pictures don't nearly do it justice, it feels like you are in an underwater altar to some other worldly deity. Definitely in my top 10 dives and a good reason to go to Lanai on its own.

On the way back the boat driver was especially friendly and talkative, which was nice. My favorite quote was, "I used to work corporate but decided I liked this office better". Overall Trilogy provided a good experience though pretty run of the mill as dive operators go. But I will never forget those dives.

Hollister, California
“Molokini Snorkeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

“Trilogy Maui Ocean Adventures”
I wanted to say thank you to Capt. Jeff and Capt Dan the crew of Marco, Mike and Chris...I think I got everybody...we where on the snorkeling cruise out to Molokini on Saturday Oct 27th ..this was my 3rd time but my boy friends first time ever to snorkel...and what a blast we had after he got use to it he just loved it...we saw Jumping Tuna on the way out, and I saw a Eel then we saw Dolphins jumping and cant forgot the baby dolphin...then we snorkeled with the turtles...this was the best trip ever...if you have not done this before THIS IS A MUST DUE...they had great food on board and they made sure everybody was happy and having a great time, they get to know your names and this just makes you feel special...I was never hungry or thirsty, they took so great care of us...and they were funny and very entertaining...I cant wait to go back with my kids next year...

Visited October 2012

Visited October 2012
Apex, North Carolina, United States
“Awesome Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a group of 5 (my two daughters 6 & 10, my husband, my mother, and myself). We had a wonderful time. They provided amazing food all day. The staff waited on us the whole time and it amazed us how they called us by name. Once we arrived in Lana'i, we snorkeled and enjoyed a nice hike for some great views and to see Tide Pools. We then had a great sailing trip back to Maui. Thank you Trilogy for a great trip!

Visited August 2012
Bucks County, PA
11 attraction reviews
“Best excursion on Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

While in Maui/Oahu we went on a number of boat trips. This one was the best hands down!!!! From the start to finish they were friendly and helpful. The crew interacted with the passengers and made the trip fun. They fed you all day. I have a teenage son who likes to eat about every two hours (if you have one you know what I mean). I packed snacks but we never opened the bag. The beach was nice. There were picnic tables so every family had a place to put their stuff out of the sand. The bathrooms were near and clean. There were also fresh water showers. We brought our own gear but there was plenty to go around. As a nice touch they offered beach mats for everyone to use. They really help keep the sand out of everything. The water was clear and they had staff in the water and standing on the water’s edge to help people in and out. The water was a little rough at the edge but I think it was rough on the whole that day. My family played in the waves while I snorkeled. I saw a nice verity of fish. I was hoping for turtles but I didn’t see any. After we spent time in the water we all moved to a very nice covered picnic area and had a late lunch. The food was very good for being cooked for such a large group. We were offered seconds and thirds. My husband loved the chili sauce. Another thing that impressed me was that they offered sea sick remedies for the trip back. I am not sure if this is just standard procedure or if they were expecting rough seas on the way back. They had good old Dramanine and ginger for those who would like a natural option. I had my patch so I was ready for anything but as a person who get motion sick I really appreciated the thought. The trip back was great but I was glad I followed another reviewer’s advice and packed sweatshirts for the family. It did get windy and we were in damp clothing. I would even suggest a full set of clean clothing to change into before you get back on the boat.

Visited July 2012