What an experience! While we visit the islands almost every year, this is our first experience staying on Lanai and we are certainly awed by this hotel! This is by far the best hotel/lodge we've stayed at...period! About a week prior to arrival I received an email from the lodge asking for my flight details so they could be at the airport when we arrived. When flying in I read an article that stated that this is the #2 hotel in the world and it appears to be correct! After we landed we were immediately greeted and whisked away on the shuttle. After the brief ride to the hotel, we were greeted coming off the shuttle with leis and prior to entering the lobby received a hot towel to refresh our hands. Upon entering the lobby, we were asked to have a seat (in extremely comfortable surroundings) while they checked us in (no waiting in line). While waiting the couple of minutes, we were served pineapple juice. We were then escorted, given a brief tour of the hotel, and taken to our room. Immediately after that our luggage was brought in and then the housekeeper brought extra towels, water, etc. The room is extremely comfortable with a nice TV, DVD player, Nespresso machine and wireless Internet. They even keep a library of DVDs at the front desk for checkout and the list is quite extensive! There's additional complimentary water in the small refrigerator. We use Internet quite extensively while traveling so we opted for the high speed option at $20/day for up to 5 devices (the speed I measured was 18 Mbps download which is plenty fast for our needs). The free option is available but is for one device and much slower. Of course there's turndown service at night leaving glasses and water by the bedside, drawing the drapes, and a floor mat by each bed. The attention to detail is impeccable. Everyone addresses us by name.
I must say the pictures of the resort and the surrounding grounds when viewed on the Internet don't do it justice! It's much more spectacular in person! Even when taking my own pictures I can't seem to capture all the beauty. We'll definitely be back next year and stay longer. This was an enjoyable and relaxing experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele is the essence of unexpected Hawaii. Set in the verdant upcountry, The Lodge is reminiscent of a country manor, surrounded by towering pines and offering estate activities such as championship golf, horseback riding and clay shooting. Residential style accommodations are surrounded by manicured gardens. The wrap-around verandah is ideal for relaxing, while inside, guests can sit fireside for afternoon tea or delight in live nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele
- Four Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele Hotel Lanai City
- Four Seasons Koele
- Four Seasons Lanai City
- Lanai City Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge At Koele Lanai, Hawaii