I Just spent a few days at the lodge before heading to Maui. Almost everything about the hotel is amazing. The staff is great and my room was very nice!
The location of the hotel is right in town (I was surprised at how close a walk it was). However there was honestly very little in Lanai City.
Therefore you are fairly restricted to the dining at the two Four Seasons resorts and Lanai City Grill ( which I found to be overrated). The pupus menu in Great Hall (lobby) was good. The pork nachos especially. We could not get a reservation for dinner at Manele Bay. It was packed! (the Lodge was empty). Breakfast buffet a Hulopo'e Court was extensive and very good. At the Terrace I had an egg white omelet which was delicious. I also had eggs benedict which simply met expectations. However the waitstaff exceeded expectations at the Terrace. However, I will get into the negative aspect of things. Though this is unrelated to the Lodge. I decided to have lunch in a cabana at the pool at Manele Bay. Finally a waitress took our order after having the menu closed for about twenty minutes. One hour and fifteen minutes later our food arrived!!! The waitress simply said that there were "hundreds of orders in the kitchen." This was not Four Seasons Standards. The only redeeming factors being my grilled vegetable wrap with spinach and feta dipping sauce was out of this world! After complaining about the service. A very professional manager promptly took the check and took care of it. Though this was not enough to appease our disappointment.
Back to the lodge. We had a Garden Deluxe Room on this first floor. The room had a nice porch area that had steps out to the garden area path. This was extremely convenient for going in and out. (the room key is needed to go in from the porch). The room had a nice window seat with pillows. The bathroom was fairly large and had a separate water closet. My only complaints would be in the shower...There was some moldish stuff (surprising at a FS) on the grout and brass and the water pressure wasn't sufficient. However these were minor details. Aside from the shower the room was very clean.
The 18 hole putting course was very fun. Renting a jeep is a must do! The fitness facility was very large for the hotel size (102 rooms). It overlooks the pool. My final complaint (once again very minor) TURN THE HEAT UP IN THE HOT TUBS. They feel about lukewarm.
The shuttle service between the two resorts was great. I would highly recommend to the Lodge if you have plans to visit Hawaii. It is one of the most relaxing and calm places I've ever been.It is unique and different than the stereotypical Hawaiian resorts. Plus you have Manele Bay to get your beach fix. It has the upbeat dinner scene....then you retreat back to your quite room at the Lodge.
Thank your Four Seasons for a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele is the essence of unexpected Hawaii. Set in the verdant upcountry, The Lodge is reminiscent of a country manor, surrounded by towering pines and offering estate activities such as championship golf, horseback riding and clay shooting. Residential style accommodations are surrounded by manicured gardens. The wrap-around verandah is ideal for relaxing, while inside, guests can sit fireside for afternoon tea or delight in live nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele
- Four Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele Hotel Lanai City
- Four Seasons Koele
- Four Seasons Lanai City
- Lanai City Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge At Koele Lanai, Hawaii