“Beautiful, Calm, Relaxing and Unique Resort!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Lanai City
SAT
“Beautiful, Calm, Relaxing and Unique Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I Just spent a few days at the lodge before heading to Maui. Almost everything about the hotel is amazing. The staff is great and my room was very nice!
The location of the hotel is right in town (I was surprised at how close a walk it was). However there was honestly very little in Lanai City.
Therefore you are fairly restricted to the dining at the two Four Seasons resorts and Lanai City Grill ( which I found to be overrated). The pupus menu in Great Hall (lobby) was good. The pork nachos especially. We could not get a reservation for dinner at Manele Bay. It was packed! (the Lodge was empty). Breakfast buffet a Hulopo'e Court was extensive and very good. At the Terrace I had an egg white omelet which was delicious. I also had eggs benedict which simply met expectations. However the waitstaff exceeded expectations at the Terrace. However, I will get into the negative aspect of things. Though this is unrelated to the Lodge. I decided to have lunch in a cabana at the pool at Manele Bay. Finally a waitress took our order after having the menu closed for about twenty minutes. One hour and fifteen minutes later our food arrived!!! The waitress simply said that there were "hundreds of orders in the kitchen." This was not Four Seasons Standards. The only redeeming factors being my grilled vegetable wrap with spinach and feta dipping sauce was out of this world! After complaining about the service. A very professional manager promptly took the check and took care of it. Though this was not enough to appease our disappointment.
Back to the lodge. We had a Garden Deluxe Room on this first floor. The room had a nice porch area that had steps out to the garden area path. This was extremely convenient for going in and out. (the room key is needed to go in from the porch). The room had a nice window seat with pillows. The bathroom was fairly large and had a separate water closet. My only complaints would be in the shower...There was some moldish stuff (surprising at a FS) on the grout and brass and the water pressure wasn't sufficient. However these were minor details. Aside from the shower the room was very clean.
The 18 hole putting course was very fun. Renting a jeep is a must do! The fitness facility was very large for the hotel size (102 rooms). It overlooks the pool. My final complaint (once again very minor) TURN THE HEAT UP IN THE HOT TUBS. They feel about lukewarm.
The shuttle service between the two resorts was great. I would highly recommend to the Lodge if you have plans to visit Hawaii. It is one of the most relaxing and calm places I've ever been.It is unique and different than the stereotypical Hawaiian resorts. Plus you have Manele Bay to get your beach fix. It has the upbeat dinner scene....then you retreat back to your quite room at the Lodge.
Thank your Four Seasons for a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor, facing the main building.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

644 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We just stayed at the Four Seasons Lodge and enjoyed it. It is a haven of relaxation (could nap all day there) and is completely different from other Hawaiian resort hotels as it is very intimate, small, and quiet. It would be perfect for a honeymoon, for example. The grounds are really well done and the food and rooms were delightful. Unfortunately we had sketchy weather and the entire hotel was basically enveloped in a cloud during our stay, so we couldn't enjoy some of the hotel activities offered. Imagine having a glass of red in front of a huge stone fireplace as your early evening exercise after a day playing golf in the pines or down on the beach at the Four Seasons' sister resort.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

The Lodge is one of the most relaxing places I've ever been. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and you could spend a whole day just enjoying them! I highly recommend a horseback ride with the singing cowboy Jesse at the stables! The other activities are a bit expensive.

For the price the place is worth it. The bellman and drivers of the shuttle buses were great. And I actually found the food better at the lodge then manele bay. If you love the beach, stay at manele but if you want total relaxation, stay at the lodge.

• Stayed February 2012
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The Lodge at Koele is one of our favorite neighbor-island escapes and offers a resort experience that is unique for Hawaii. With just 102 rooms and at an elevation of 2,000+ feet above sea level, the Lodge is more reminiscent of a gentlement's hunting lodge than the sun-swept, ocean-oriented resorts more typical for our Aloha State. The resort offers a luxury experience with excellent accommodations, superb service, two great dining options, and a wealth of experiences and activities. For golfers, the adjoining Experience at Koele golf course is a treat, as is the Challenge at Manele located a 20-minute shuttle ride away along the ocean. The Lodge offers a tranquil get away, yet plenty of activities from lawn bowiling and an 18-hole, natural grass putting course, to skeet shooting and horesback riding. We live in Honolulu and have been going to the Lodge at least annually for over 20 years, and all of our friends who have also experienced it have now become repeat vistors too!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
LodgeatKoele, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Aloha HawaiiTraveller2,

Greetings from paradise. Thank you for taking the time to review the property and for being such loyal guests. Between the abundance of activities and exquisite cuisine, it's a true getaway for both Hawaii residents and non-residents. I'm thrilled to hear your friends now share your same enthusiasm for The Lodge, as it's such a magical destination. I look forward to welcoming you back for many more years to come.

Warmest aloha,

Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We had been checking the reviews prior to our arrival and we have to say everything about the Lodge was fantastic! The staff were all very helpfull and friendly. We loved having our pre dinner drinks out on the veranda and watching the sun set. The shuttle into Lanai City and down to the Manele Bay property was fantastic. It left every half hour between the propterties. We golfed the Challenge course in the morning, had lunch at the clubhouse (fabulous views and great seafood salads YUM) and then I went to the spa/pool area and my husband went up to play Koele course. We met later at the Lodge for dinner. What a way to spend a day! The ambience between the two properties are quite different which is why we loved being able to use the facilities down at the Bay and then return up to the Lodge (our retreat) If you are looking to unplug, unwind and relax then this is the place for you. We would highly recommend to anyone and are already planning our next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the 'wings" which was lovely. Big deck and chance to overlook the garde...
Aloha Meg,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. Wonderful to hear you had a fantastic stay and I appreciate you including the highlights, such as golfing at The Challenge, sunset drinks on the veranda and of course experiencing the "island-hop" experience of both properties. Whether in the upcountry or oceanside, Lanai is truly a destination where you can relax and unwind in peace and tranquility, but also stay busy with ample activities. We just introduced our Koele Pau Hana, which is our happy hour during select days from 5:00-6:00 p.m. so please hurry back so you can enjoy another sunset cocktail.

Warmest aloha,

Lahaina, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

This was my first visit to the island of Lana'i and loved every minute of it. The staff at the Lodge were so friendly it was like coming to visit at a family memebers house. My husband and I are already looking forward to planning our next stay at the Lodge.

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We had a very nice experience and loved staying at the Lodge. Service and food was excellent. I definitely would have given a 5 star rating except for the fact that somewhere between leaving my golf clubs at the golf course at the Lodge so that they could be delivered to the Manele Bay course, my rangefinder with case was taken off my bag. I found it ironic that one of the workers on the course had a similar rangefinder (not mine) in his cart and when asked why he ahd it with him, he said it was for spotting deer. One of the other employees told me that bow hunters liked to use them to hunt deer as well and that mine was probably taken for that purpose. I realize that this could happen anywhere and won't keep me from returning, but it was disappointing to say the least.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Aloha Jim S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the overall experience of the Resort. My sincerest apologies your rangefinder went missing. I am currently reviewing this with the golf course, so please be assured it's being reviewed to prevent future miscommunication. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Resort Manager

Been to Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele? Share your experiences!