My husband and I are in our young 30's and this was our third trip to Kauai but first boat ride along the na pali. I couldn't decide which company to go with and settled on niko based on the price ($125/pp) and type of boat. We did a zodiac boat in Maui and hated it because it was so rough. Here is what we liked and some tips:
1. Super friendly, rob and Daryl were great!
2. Clean, and a bathroom on board. (small bathroom equivalent to a port o potty but it's a place to go)
3. Good price, $125 per person versus a lot of others are closer to $200
4. Includes lunch and non alcoholic drinks. Lunch was sandwiches which were actually good, chips, and fruit
5. Shaded area and sunny. There are bench seating and half are under a cover while the other half let you get sun
6. No agenda. They stopped when we saw dolphins also stopped along the way here and there pointing things out
1. Couldn't snorkel. That's not niko cruises fault but don't go with the expectation you will get to snorkel. In mid may the water was still too rough.
2. Couldn't go in sea caves. Again this was mother natures fault not niko. But still if you have your heart set on this maybe the summer there is a better chance
3. It got chilly and rained for part of the trip so pack a sweatshirt and bring a towel. I think they said they had rain coats too
4. Finally, if you are prone to getting sea sick make sure you take meds!!! This ride is pretty choppy and at least half the boat got sick and was puking over the rail. We didn't but seems pretty common.
5. Also if bringing kids I wouldn't bring them unless they were used to boats. You are on the boat a good 5 hours and it does get rough at times so you need to be up for it because there isn't any getting off.
We probably won't be spending $300 (with tip) anytime soon but i would highly recommend niko cruises to friends!!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.