We enjoyed two weeks at Waimea Plantation Cottages in July of this year. Although we have visted Kauai many times over the past few years, we have always stayed on the East side and at Poipu. This was our first time on the West side. The Cottages are wonderful, but if you are looking for the busy resort with a concierge, this is not for you. The grounds are spacious and well-maintained. The resort staff is very friendly and helpful. The black sand beach is not a good swimming beach, but it is great for long walks in the morning or at sunset. Salt Pond Beach just a few miles south is an excellent beach with facilities. Waimea is a friendly small town. We like to barbeque and found great food selections at the two grocery stores in town. The two ladies at the fresh fruit stand just a short walk from the Plantation have the basics (papayas, mangos, bananas) along with some more exotic selections that were fun to try. We attended an Oban dance in town and enjoyed a Sunday service at the Waimea Hawaiian Church - the only church of it kind in the Islands where the entire service is in Hawaiian. The Hawaiian hymns are beautiful and a very nice lady helped us follow the service. We also enjoyed the beers and food at the Waimea Brewpub on the resort grounds. The wait staff at the brewpub was also friendly and helpful. As I noted above, if you are looking for the high-end resort, this is not for you, but Waimea Plantation Cottages is our new favorite place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private, individual plantation cottages set on a historic 27-acre coconut plantation in a beachside setting close to Kauai's famous Napali Coast and Waimea Canyon. Each self-contained cottage has been fully restored with modern appliances, full kitchens, and amenities. The simple, comfortable charm, genuine history and beautiful grounds allow guests to enjoy a unique experience unlike any other in the islands. Waimea Plantation Cottages offers beautiful settings for Wedding Celebrations, Anniversaries, Family Reunions, and Corporate Business meetings. Note: The restaurant will be closed temporarily as we remodel and transition the restaurant to a new restaurant operator and will re-open in mid-to-late fall of 2013. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience. During this transition, we suggest trying some of the other dining options in Waimea Town such as Wrangler's Steak House. But do come and try our new restaurant once it reopens! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Waimea Plantation Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waimea Plantation Cottages Hotel Waimea
- Resortquest Waimea Plantation Cottages
- Waimea Plantation Cottages Kauai