Some of the reviews are so negative that I can't believe they are talking about one of our very favorite places to stay. We have had quite a few trips to this spectacular location and can't wait to return. The staff have always been extremely pleasant and very helpful. The renovations that have been done over the last five years were much needed and although some units may not be completely updated yet, most are. If you check in and have ANY issue, please contact the day staff as they are usually very able to help you. If you are not an owner, still go by the owners meetings and let that staff know of your concerns. Although the units do not have air conditioning, this should be very clear when you make your reservations. The winds normally blow enough to assist with cooling the units down in the evenings. At times, late afternoon till sunset can be a bit uncomfortable but why sit in your unit at this time of the day? There are so many wonderful things to see and do on island that I can't imagine spending much time there until after sunset. As far as bug bites, I doubt those are flea bites - you should use insect repellant on island day and night if you do want mosquito bites. I have learned that the hard way and missed a few days of fun while having massive doses of Benadryl on board due to the quantity of bites I received at a Luau. Please don't let the poor reviews discourage you - look at all of the positive ones as well. Any vacation is what you make of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 202 unit property consisting of 9 buildings sitting on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean, hence our name "The Cliffs at Princeville. We offer one and 2 bedroom units with 900-1200 sq ft of living space. The property finished a $5 million dollar renovation in 2012. Our units boast hardwood floors, granite counter tops, handmade Polynesian hardwood furniture, 2 full bathrooms, Flat Screen HD TV's and complimentary wifi throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Cliffs at Princeville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliffs At Princeville Hotel Princeville
- Cliffs Club
- Cliffs At Princeville Kauai