The location of The Cliffs is certainly the best thing about this property. We again exchanged our timeshare for a week here and had a really great time; however, wince our stay in May 2010, we've noticed some things with the rooms that could stand to be upgraded.
- We received a few calls at 8 a.m. on a Sunday (or was it Monday?) morning inviting us to a welcome reception. Even though we said we weren't interested, we got another call. This happened a few times - we finally unplugged the phone.
- We were supposed to have our condo cleaned on Tuesday based on our check-in date and length of stay. Someone knocked on our door while we were eating breakfast and asked to drop off cleaning supplies in the bathroom closet. She wasn't there, however, to clean our room. When we asked a housekeeper about cleaning our room she told us we weren't on the schedule. I called the front desk and they told me that because we had checked in on Monday that we weren't scheduled until Thursday. I explained that we checked in on Saturday and I think this really confused them because then we couldn't get housekeeping to leave us alone. The next day we left our room and there was a Hefty bag (of towels and linens?) at our front door. We came back after a day at the beach and the bag was still there. I called the front desk to tell them and to note that our condo still hadn't been cleaned. I said since we were only going to be there another couple of days not to bother. They called back and asked if someone could come tomorrow. I told them yes, but it had to be after 9 a.m. Twenty minutes later a housekeeper was knocking on our door. I asked her to come back in twenty minutes so that we could be gone while she cleaned. When we got back to our room two hours later she was there cleaning. She was a lovely, nice woman and it wasn't her fault, but at that point I was just tired of dealing with housekeeping and wanted some privacy.
- The bathroom showers were showing signs of age and humidity (natural for the islands). In some places the grout and caulk was turning black. The shower head was a complete joke. It sprayed water everywhere but on you. Our bathroom flooded a couple of times because of water shooting out beyond the capabilities of the flimsy shower curtain.
Minus those three issues, it really was a pleasant stay. The kitchens are well-stocked. The pool is lovely. The grounds are well-kept. The grilling station overlooking the ocean is truly a phenomenal location. Down the road we'll probably stay at The Cliffs again because of our timeshare, but I hope before we do they work out some of the kinks communicating with staff, and do something about those showers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliffs At Princeville Hotel Princeville
- Cliffs At Princeville Hotel
- Cliffs Club
- Cliffs At Princeville Kauai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 202 unit property consisting of 9 buildings sitting on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean, hence our name "The Cliffs at Princeville. We offer one and 2 bedroom units with 900-1200 sq ft of living space. The property finished a $5 million dollar renovation in 2012. Our units boast hardwood floors, granite counter tops, handmade Polynesian hardwood furniture, 2 full bathrooms, Flat Screen HD TV's and complimentary wifi throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Cliffs at Princeville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.