My husband and I just returned from a week at the Cliffs Club in Princeville on the island of Kauai, on an RCI exchange. The location of the Cliffs Club is truly spectacular. The view of the ocean from the grounds is incredible! We had a one-bedroom condo with a sleeper-sofa in the living room. We invited another couple to join us at the last minute, and they slept on the sleeper-sofa which they said was quite comfortable. The condo was immaculate, nicely furnished, clean, and the full kitchen had almost everything you would need. We also had a washer/dryer which came in very handy towards the end of the week. We had an ocean view from one lanai, and a mountain view from the other lanai. I'm not sure if all the condo units were as nice as ours, as some are privately owned.
There is a very nice shopping center about 1 mile from the resort with a great supermarket where we were able to buy just about anything we needed, and the prices were good. There is also a Costco and Wal-Mart if you want to travel down to the south end of the island.
The pool was very small and was not heated, and we did not use it at all. There are not many activities on the grounds, but there were families with children there. There is plenty to do in the vicinity, however. There are some spectacular beaches. Our favorite was Annini Beach - about a 3-mile drive from the resort. The water was calm, beautiful, clear, and great for snorkeling. The beach in Hanalei is also quite nice. Our friends ventured out to a hike on the Napali Coast and they said the scenery was spectacular. We went to the Smith's Tropical Luau which was one of the best luaus we have ever been to. The Smith family has beautiful grounds, and does a great job. There was an open bar and plenty of food. The entertainment was "old" Hawaiian and wonderful.
Generally, we stay in Poipu on the south end of the island when visiting Kauai, but Princeville was a nice change for us. Going in November had its drawbacks. The days are very short - dark by 6:00 PM, and we had rain on a couple of days, but that did not spoil our vacation.
This resort is very close to the Princeville Hotel. You must go there to see the spectacular grounds and views of the Napali coast. Hanalei has some nice restaurants - the Hanalei Dolphin was quite good. We also enjoyed Bubba's Burgers for lunch.
I highly recommend the Cliffs Club if you go on an RCI exchange as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 202 unit property consisting of 9 buildings sitting on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean, hence our name "The Cliffs at Princeville. We offer one and 2 bedroom units with 900-1200 sq ft of living space. The property finished a $5 million dollar renovation in 2012. Our units boast hardwood floors, granite counter tops, handmade Polynesian hardwood furniture, 2 full bathrooms, Flat Screen HD TV's and complimentary wifi throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cliffs at Princeville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliffs At Princeville Hotel Princeville
- Cliffs Club
- Cliffs At Princeville Kauai