“Delicious” 4 of 5 stars

(808) 826-8700
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Princeville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Wollongong
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were staying in Princeville and wanted to eat somewhere close by. The Tavern didn't disappoint. Very friendly service, no reservation required (it was a Tuesday night) and food was delicious. I had the ribs served with a cheesy mash (yummy) and my husband had the fish special, I think it was mahi mahi. For dessert we shared the banana crepes but couldn't finish it. The scenery over the Prince golf course is just breathtaking.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We went here on Father's Day, not knowing we should have made a reservation. Thankfully the bar had seating. We took a table over hat had just left. We waited about 10 mins and the waiters came to poor us water, but I had to tell her the the stuff on the table was not ours. She apologized and cleaned the table. She gave us wAter glasses but it took another 10 mins or so to get water. It also took along time to get menus. We finally got menus and ordered. It was very pricey. We paid $19 for my husbands burger and I got the mac and cheese as I read it had good reviews. I was not impressed with the mac and cheese, very bland and not much cheese. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to others and wouldn't go back which is surprising as I usually don't have a bad thing to say when eating out. The location was beautiful over looking the ocean.

Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Enjoyable Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Roy's Tavern in Princeville has $4.00 craft beers and affordable appetizers every day from 4-5pm. Located on the Prince golf course, it has large windows with sweeping views of the course. Service is good and the happy hour menu of beer, drinks and appetizers are satisfying. The french fries are particularly good--crispy and seasoned nicely. The humus is also a good choice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Midland, Texas
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I were there just recently and we really had two marvelous meals! We went for lunch both days and loved everything we got! He got a hamburger one day and loved it; thought the French fries were especially special and he is VERY picky about his FF! His hamburger was thick and cooked perfectly. I got the BLT w/avocados-it was divine. We also got the top shelf margaritas. Very good; I had the grapefruit margarita the first day and wasn't as crazy about that- just personal preference I guess.
One of the days I got one of the flatbreads; VERY GOOD. And I guess I have jetlag b/c I cannot remember what my husband got the first day, but I do know it was very good.
I'm sort of worried that when we return to Kauai we will want to go back here everyday :)
Dianne B

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great views in air conditioned comfort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here. Two of us had the blue cheese burger, which is a hefty, hand- made patty cooked to perfection. The cheese was a bit salty. Table mates had the chicken salad with pesto, which was tender and flavorful, and the grilled ham and cheese with tomato bisque. Nice, small portion, if you are looking for a simple meal. I would highly recommend the lychee-grapefruit Rita. It is tangy and sweet. Everyone enjoyed the meals, but the service was a bit in attentive.

Visited June 2014