“Always multiple trips during our vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Pacific Rim
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: We apologize for any inconveience. We are Open and appreciate all of the support and love given by all. Much Mahalo's from the Infigo OhanaAloha : )
Toronto, Canada
“Always multiple trips during our vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We first learned about Infigo's in March 2011 during our first visit to Kauai. We ended up going twice during that same trip due to the outstanding quality of the food, and the interesting concept of the 'chefs challenge'.

We returned to Kauai in August 2011 and went another two times. Feb 2012 saw us return to Infigo's two more times.

If we could only choose to eat out only once during our trip - this would be the place. You get an excellent dining experience which is on par or exceeds anything else in Princeville, but pay less than going to the St. Regis for instance.

Another bonus is you can bring your own wine for a minimal corkage fee. I know in the U.S. this is pretty standard but for us in Canada, it's a real treat being able to bring your own. When we were there last time they did not have a liquor license yet. Even when they do get one, hopefully they keep the BYOB policy.

Chef Nick is an oustanding talent and very nice person. We usually end up chatting with him for a few minutes after every meal. He is very accomodating and on a few occasions actually kept the kitchen open for a late last minute reservation we made.

We have recommended Infigo's to friends who have since gone to Kauai, and will not hesitate to continue doing so.

Well worth the trip into Princeville for dinner!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

nyc
“Get the Chef's Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Highly recommended! Get the Chef's Special. I was lucky enough to get a peanut crusted opah with scallops and dragon eyes that was pure heaven. BYOB and bring a friend you enjoy talking to because genius takes a little time.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norman, Oklahoma
“Extraordinary Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Superb. Our favorite restaurant in the United States.

Three rules: 1. Bring your own wine 2. Cash Only 3. Make this your evening.
Infigo's is the most exquisite culinary experience you are likely to find anywhere. This experience will last for hours, so don't make other plans for the evening. Do bring at least one bottle of wine.

Order the Chef's Challenge. That's why you're here. (Although the lobster risotto and other menu items will be tempting, too.) The chef is an artist, and you put yourself in his hands. (with minor guidance such as beef, chicken, or seafood (pick seafood -- you're in Hawaii.)) When in doubt, follow the suggestions of the waitstaff.

The food comes out slowly, so choose your dinner companions wisely. Savor the brilliant combinations and appreciate the artistry.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Tremendous culinary experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I saw where a previous reviewer had referred to the description "culinary experience" as "awkward", but I have a completely different connotation of the description and felt it apt to use as a header. For my wife and I (visiting last week to celebrate our 10-year anniversary), this was as much of an experience as it was a meal...and a great one on both accounts. We knew what to expect regarding wait times heading in, though, so that probably helped. We went with the flow and ordered many (oh, so many) items from the menu and left most to the chef's imagination (Chef Challenge items), so we could be pleasantly surprised as the dishes came out. We also brought 2 bottles of wine, which helped with any downtime. Every dish was spectacular, from the appetizer, to a shared salad, to the entrees and desserts. My wife said it was far and away her favorite meal of all time, and it was easily in my top 3 food experiences as well. My wife is not usually too adventurous when it comes to meals, but stepped out of her comfort zone to go with the Chef Challenge items; she will be forever grateful that she did. Again, simply tremendous, complicated yet well-balanced dishes that should please even the most refined palate.

One note: we arrived soon after the restaurant's opening time of 6:00, and were the only guests there for some considerable time. As such, our entrees arrived at roughly the same time. If you're afraid of eating before your party has all been served, you may do better to order multiple entrees to share and all enjoy when they arrive. I think this restaurant works best for couples, and if you'd like dedicated service, get there early. I hope the restaurant finds its audience, because the chef (who is more than happy to chat with you at any time) is truly talented.

Visited July 2012
Parker, Colorado
“Spectacular food, weird experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Infigo's was a strange experience. Our family of four went there on a Saturday night and there were only four other people in the restaurant, which made things awkward. Given the positive reviews, I expected it to be crowded, but no one was there. Our waiter and the new manager "Kat" were both very nice but also awkward and a little too attentive (we were warned over and over and over again that the food would take a long time to prepare since the owner and chef cooked every order by himself). The restaurant was in an invisible location and is a part of the Princeville Resort - with no advertising the only way I heard about it was because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor, Yelp, and Google. We were told upon entering that the credit card machine was down, so I had to leave and get cash from the nearest ATM (this place isn't cheap, either - $250 in cash was barely enough to cover everything) - again, awkward. They also had a singer come in for entertainment, I guess, and she sounded alright, but the music she sang was boring and we were pretty much her main audience. Again, awkward. I'd give this place a 2 at most for the experience (overall a strange atmosphere and lousy decor), but the food...oh, the FOOD!!!

While the salads and appetizers were at our table relatively quick, the entrees took forever to get there....but they were spectacular. Two of us ordered the Chef's Challenge in which you choose between seafood, chicken, or beef and the chef basically cooks whatever he feels like (this was plugged to us, awkwardly, as taking a "tour through Chef Nick's culinary mind" - I think they were plugging it because it was the most expensive thing on the menu). However, the food itself was incredible - fresh, complex, and pretty much flawless. My sister's off-the-menu scallops and lobster pasta was delicious as well. Food this good is definitely worth the high price, making Infigo's a solid value in my opinion. We ended up tipping the Chef and CEO a lot because he is ridiculously talented and we felt bad because we could tell that despite his passion the restaurant is struggling to gain any traction, and this guy absolutely deserves to be a success. He doesn't have a liquor license - probably can't afford it yet - so the restaurant is BYOB, and I think this is a major part of Infigo's problem. I hope things improve once he gets one.

• Visited June 2012