“ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Halele'a Spa

Halele'a Spa
5520 Ka Haku Road, The St. Regis Princeville Resort, Princeville, Kauai, HI 96722
808-826-9644
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: This magnificent place was noted in Hawaiian chant and hula for its ethereal beauty and rejuvenating qualities. The Halele'a Spa at The St. Regis Princeville Resort is the namesake of this revered moku that encompassed the land from mountains to sea. The island of Kaua'i was known for abundant water sources, both “wai” (fresh) and “kai” (sea), that were used to promote health and well-being. Traditional Hawaiian medicine also included the use of water related resources that were found in the moku of Halele'a. Following these ancient traditions, the Halele'a Spa creates a memorable spa experience with the highest level of personalization in mind. Carefully crafted treatments combine Hawaiian healing rituals with western techniques. Fresh island botanicals and resources from the sea blend seamlessly to promote a rejuvenating experience. The Halele'a Spa incorporates the Hawaiian healing properties of the indigenous plants and the essence of our island home. The potent minerals and trace elements from the ocean aid in rejuvenation as guests are “renewed” through exotic spa treatments. The Halele'a Spa staff will embrace and nurture every guest of the joyful house. The Halele'a Spa honors the magical waterfalls of Hanalei through its many water inspired features. Allow ample time for a pre-treatment sensory journey starting with quiet time in our steam room infused with aromatic tropical essence. Become invigorated in our signature cascading waterfall showers with an overhead deluge and several body sprays. Emerge refreshed and renewed, and rest in the tranquil relaxation lounge, featuring wall to wall waterfalls and guardianship from the statue of the Hawaiian goddess, Hina lau limu kala, skilled in the medicines of the sea.
canada
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

did not have major stuff done, just a pedi, and that was done a little too fast to be good. The polish was spread too thinly and that was a pity really, for the price charged...

Visited June 2012

Durham, North Carolina
“Perfect Facial”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I have visited spas all over the world, and I have to say, I received probably the best facial of my life at the Halele'a Spa. It is rare that you walk out and actually look at yourself and see results, but my face glowed after my treatment. The lactic acid peel they used during my custom facial worked wonders. Plus, I was totally relaxed during and after my treatment. It was pretty perfect. My husband stated his massage was wonderful too (we had a painful day of hiking the day before). I am giving this five stars because of my perfect facial, even though my one complaint is that the common areas of the spa lacked some of the amenities that I would have expected - no hot tub, for example.

Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
43 attraction reviews
“Beautiful spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Beautiful spa: wonderful relaxation room and steam room. I had bronchitis, and the staff was extremely helpful.

Visited January 2012
Bettendorf, Iowa
“AMAZING experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Like many women, when I travel I enjoy the comforts that the spa has to offer and this did not disappoint. The technicians were pleasant and the aestheticians were professional and warm. The atmosphere was calming and the relaxation room was a wonderful way to end treatment. I could have sat there all day enjoying my tea and listening to the water elements.

Visited February 2012
New Westminster, Canada
“I'll be back :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

This is probably the best spa I have ever been to - while it was slightly expensive ($200 after tip) for a 60 minute massage - it was worth every penny! It was a good thing I went late in my trip or I may have been tempted to go back for another treatment.

Visited February 2012